Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering's business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and directs the work of the Machinist, placing particular emphasis on the successful completion of jobs.
- Organizes shop to accomplish operational goals and advises Manufacturing Manager on staff requirements.
- Monitors progress of projects and confers with machinist employees to ensure that projects are progressing according to schedule and within budget, placing particular emphasis on the efficient use of man-hours.
- Monitors Machinist employees to ensure efficient use of manpower and compliance with customers' requirements.
- Ensure that the machinist operates according to Company Safety policies
- Ensure that tooling is researched and on-hand prior to start of job, while keeping it within the shops monthly budget.
- Supervise and coordinate activity in a machine shop, and make sure operations are carried out efficiently and safely.
- Train employees in the proper use of equipment, enforce safety regulations, assign tasks, and oversee employees' work.
- Interpret blueprints and develop plans for how to complete a project.
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years in a machining environment including:
- Proficient in the use of quality control measuring devices (micrometers, gauges, indicators, scales calipers, etc.).
- Ability to read and edit machine programs and comprehend GD&T.
- A creative thinker with good problem solving skills.
- An individual that is disciplined, with good organizational skills, and is process driven.
- Has computer experience utilizing Microsoft Office tools and ERP systems.
- Looking for a long term opportunity.
- Prior supervisory experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.