Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to prepare the production schedule to meet customer demands in the machine shop.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop production schedule to meet customer demands, drive material requirements, and proactively set levels of output. Continuously update the project schedules based on changes in engineering activities, materials updates, customer requirements and changes, and resource availability.
- Create views, filters, and reports for reporting various aspects of the business to include but not limited to; daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly production schedules, labor and equipment resource allocation.
- Resource load all schedules and evaluate over/ under allocated resources against all active projects and inform Management of potential conflicts both near and far term.
- Work with Planner to assure that the shop has the necessary materials to achieve scheduled start dates and release jobs on-time to schedule.
- Review operational capacities required to meet internal schedule and, working with Production Manager, complete make/ buy decisions to determine whether to outsource or work in-house.
- Review unplanned job requirements and shop reserved operation capacities to optimize utilization between planned and unplanned work.
- Identify and react to schedules that do not meet Customer requirements (e.g. short cycled, unplanned, etc.).
- Work with Manufacturing Estimator to identify and correct inaccurate routings.
- Manage daily and long range scheduling while maintaining productivity cost controls.
- Complete and maintain monthly reporting of shop performance.
- Work with Manufacturing Manager to maintain 12-month production forecast.
- Minimum 8 years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience scheduling in a machine shop environment.
- Experience using Primavera P6 a plus.
- Previous experience scheduling in a fabrication environment a plus.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced office/ production environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate with good skills in MS word, Excel etc.
- Organized with extreme attention to detail.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 10-25 pounds.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift up to 10 pounds.
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.