Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Godley, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Plans, coordinates, and directs all purchasing. Review and document purchasing processes and procedures in accordance with Company policies. Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material by performing the following duties. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages all purchasing functions.
- Receives and grants approval for purchases of goods or services.
- Analyzes changes or new issues in materials and supply to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Manages a staff and typically reports to top management
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Interprets quality control philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Establish a matrix of skill sets necessary to ensure proficiency in the Purchasing functions, and develop training schedules to achieve the skill sets standards.
- Work with vendors to insure quality of all purchased parts for company use.
- Plays active role on quality management teams within organization.
- Designs and implements quality control training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Insures that company is in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests.
- Consults catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Writes or types purchase order and sends copy to supplier and department originating request.
- Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories.
- Monitors and reports supplier delivery performance.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and awards contract to bidders or places orders with suppliers or mail order firms.
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders and approves bills for payment.
Responsible for the direction and development of Purchasing personnel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a Business/Management discipline from an accredited university (MBA preferred).
- Five - ten years experience in Purchasing Management with progressive increased responsibility including direct supervision of five or more subordinates.
- CPM required (Ten years experience may be considered in lieu of certification).
- Extensive experience in an advanced ERP software system (Oracle preferred, BaaN, AS-400, SAP).
- Extensive experience in spread sheet, document, and presentation preparation software (Microsoft Office preferred, Word Perfect).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, periodicals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Excellent written and spoken communication/presentation skills.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.