Skills: Production Engineering, Production Technologist
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Godley, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - MACHINE SHOP
Directs and coordinates all department functions to ensure Safety, Quality, Intervention, Productivity and Sustainability. Effectively manage and supervise production and assembly employees. The supervisor works closely with Buyer/Planners and shipping personnel to assure that all delivery dates are met. Supervisors are responsible for maintaining inventories of production supplies. Supervisors are responsible for reporting equipment problems to maintenance personnel. Position reports directly to Production Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage manufacturing processes and responsible for one or more departments in Machine Shop manufacturing.
- Ensure all safety policies and Core Laboratories polices are being followed and enforced
- Provide assistance on setups for equipment or process start-ups.
- Ensure that operators are following production process instructions.
- Order supplies for group as necessary.
- Inspect, suggest, and implement changes in manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for cross training employees throughout the department.
- Responsible for quality of product produced
- Maintain efficiency goals for the department and per employee.
- Maintain weekly production reports, personnel attendance reports, and quality assurance reports.
- Provide huddle meetings every morning to discuss the previous day's production.
- Effectively manage subordinates, schedules, efficiencies, P& L statements, and all other management tools to ensure the success of the department.
- Must be open to work days, nights, weekends, overtime, whatever is necessary to meet customer demand and scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
- Provide appropriate level of floor support by interfacing with operators and other functional groups to review processing issues and resolve with sound, and lasting corrective actions.
- Continuously improve manufacturing processes to insure superior product quality, reduce cycle times, lead times, and minimize overall manufacturing costs.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in the creation of the most efficient manufacturing routings / outlines for the manufacturing of parts utilizing CNC Machinery
- Support and provide assistance, as required, for various special projects
- Three to five years experience in manufacturing operations.
- Three to five years Supervisor or managerial experience
- Bachelors degree preferred (Business or Engineering.), High School diploma or Equivalent a must.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required to effectively present information, write reports, and process work instructions, and provide support to manufacturing unit.
- Experience in the use of calipers, micrometers, optical comparators, height gage or any precision measuring instrument, required to check parts correctly
- Show effective leadership skills and application of skills.
- Must be computer literate with basic skills involving spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen projects, 5S, and other Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform arithmetic, geometric and algebraic calculations a must.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Valid drivers license and a good driving record
- Strong CNC background Mills and Lathes
- Experience with AutoCAD, Master Cam, Pro E, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee may be required to develop safety procedures and utilize personal protective equipment when exposed to hazardous environments such toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.