Skills: Rig Instrument Tech, Electrician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Belle Fourche, South Dakota, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision, diagnoses electrical systems problems. Services, troubleshoots, performs diagnostic testing, repairs and/or replaces, and maintains electrical systems, system components, system motor control circuits, power supplies, and electrical instrumentation. Maintains historical data concerning electrical distribution systems installation, repair history, and maintenance requirements. Maintains electronic "blueprint" of electrical distribution systems. Reviews electrical specifications to ensure materials and workmanship standards are maintained.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- An associate's degree is strongly preferred.
- Possession of an Journeyman Electrician's license required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial environment.
- Possess good analytical skills and good communication skills.
- Be responsive to a frequent need for 24/7 on call support to plant operations.
- Must possess or have the ability to learn the following knowledge and skills:
- Possess a strong knowledge of PLCs, industrial process automation, electrical power systems, and related safety circuits and practices.
- Be capable of independently installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting complex industrial process control systems without damaging equipment or presenting a hazard to self or others.
- Be knowledgeable of NFPA 70 regulations and diligently follow all safety protocols relating to work on high energy electrical systems that present both electrocution and arc flash hazards.
- Have a strong knowledge of the national electrical code and a demonstrated ability to apply it in order to achieve electrical installations that present functional and safe operation to plant personnel.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
554 US Highway 212, Belle Fourche, South Dakota, 57717, United States
Requisition Number: 82281
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Baroid
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.