Skills: Inventory Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking an Inventory Analyst for a 1 year contract in Calgary, AB.
- Job Overview: The primary purpose of this job is to act as a central touchpoint between multiple groups in front, mid and back office to ensure the accuracy of crude inventory data in our systems of record. This includes gaining a thorough understanding of crude assets, logistics and internal book structure as well as the end-to-end flow of data from trade entry to settlement. The role will provide holistic oversight of inventory processes across multiple books and legal entities to ensure new & established processes are followed, with a mindset of continuous improvement. The role will continue and support the inventory work driven by the STO Transformation project, but will be embedded within the crude optimization team to ensure the successful implementation and sustainment of new practices. Hours of work are a regular 40-
hour work week, Monday to Friday.
- Key Accountabilities:
- Oversee the monthly reconciliation process of CXL monthly inventory movements to shipper statements by commodity, location and strategy to ensure timely execution and remediation of unresolved issues. Have a holistic insight on all books and ensure data integrity of internal trades is captured in the central system of record.
- Ensure hand off process is followed and communicate the completion of the monthly reconciliation process to back office to facilitate the CXL interface to SAP.
- Lead the mandate for increased collaboration between all end to end stakeholders by being the point person of contact to Mid Office and Back Office for reconciliation.
- Create and maintain standard inventory management business processes, procedures and methods, including onboarding documentation and training for new hires.
- Implement and report on metrics designed to drive for compliance and accountability of system balancing of inventory. Where appropriate, lead and implement initiatives to drive down error reports in Mid and Back Office.
- Trouble-shoot issues to reduce the time effort involved with complex inventory reconciliations.
- Facilitate communication between front, middle and back office on any changes in inventory ownership by pipeline/location, by commodity and by strategy to ensure accurate reconciliation of CXL and SAP inventory balances.
- Collaborate on process improvements to speed up manual processes and support future state of STO Transformation, including quick-win technology solutions. Align and implement best practice processes in all applicable offices.
- Back up inventory reconciliation support to Scheduling and Trading/Optimization Analysts
- Where appropriate, enable technologies to support proactive inventory management, business processes, practices and methods by supporting the business implementation of Deal Cycle and HIM and providing subject matter expertise for SAP S4.
- Required Qualifications: Undergraduate degree, Bachelor of Commerce
- Experience and Education: 5-10 years of experience in crude logistics, analytics or accounting.
- Skills and Knowledge: Knowledge of CTRM systems, practices and end-to-end transaction lifecycle, which include trade capture, contracts/confirmations, scheduling, risk management, invoicing and settlements flow of trade. Strong Microsoft Excel skills with high attention to detail, strong problem-solving abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.