Are you as UX designer skilled in simplifying and conceptualizing complex problems into user-friendly solutions? Do you have ideas about how our technical software can provide more value to our users? And do you like to work together with different stakeholders to realize your plans? Then we have the perfect challenge for you!
In the Development Center of Baker Hughes in Delft we work on a product together with 13 scrum teams for the oil and gas industry: JewelSuite™ Subsurface Modeling. Our users use this software to create 3D models of the earth deep below the surface. Based on all data and models, simulations and analyses are developed to produce plans for a safe, clean, and efficient production of oil and gas.
As UX designer you work together with you UX colleagues to make JewelSuite more user-friendly and valuable. You invest a lot of time in understanding the user, the domain and the problems our software helps to solve. You involve all the stakeholders in you design process to get a clear picture of the solution, which you will translate into a design that can be implemented by one of our scrum teams. During you design process you are also responsible for the creation and consistent application of design patterns that contribute to our design system that can be leveraged from by other teams.To summarize, here's what you'll be doing:
This might be a great job for you if:
- Collaborate with users, stakeholders and scrum teams to design user interfaces for new and existing applications.
- Define innovative user interfaces and interaction patterns that bring simplicity to complex subject matter, resulting in a better user experience, reduced training time and improved efficiency.
- Proactively propose improvements and new concepts.
- Abstract the value and essence during discussions, research, and meetings.
- Develop and maintain user journeys, personas, navigation maps, wireframes, specifications, and other design documents.
- Are in possession of a master's degree in Interaction Design or a bachelor's degree combined with multiple years of working experience.
- You have relevant working experience as UX designer, preferably with experience in designing software in a complex domain.
- You are not scared to explore and investigate by yourself and oversee your own design process.
- You love to work in the multicultural environment of an international business and have no problem expressing yourself in English.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more