Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
ITC Technical Team Lead - 28 x 28 rotation - 12 Months Contract - Iraq
ITC Technical Team Lead is responsible for the management of a team of IT Engineers that ensure the safe, secure and optimal delivery of our operational systems.
ITC Technical Team Lead Key Accountabilities
- Grow team capability through coaching and mentoring of local Iraqi staff.
- Deliver and manage operational services and toolset to agreed levels of service within IT&C operational processes e.g. Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management
- Continually evolve IT&C operational best practice in line with industry standards and trends
- Grow a continuous improvement culture within the Systems Engineering Team.
- Lead Team engagements across wider IT&C organisation and provide leadership to progress IT&C strategy
- Provide technical expertise for IT&C projects and peer reviews.
- Ensure digital security best practice across ROO Client and Server estates are maintained and delivered.
- Identify, own and remediate system risks within IT&C
- Manage related portions of IT&C DR plans, ensuring regular testing and updated as required.
- Develop and manage excellent relationships with a very diverse group of stakeholders in the ITC department
- Actively promote a culture of HSSE awareness within the team and the wider organisation.
ITC Technical Team Lead Desirable criteria & qualifications
University degree in Information Technology or related equivalent work experience in Information Technology.
Relevant Microsoft Certifications
ITC Technical Team Lead Experience and job requirements
- A proven track record of managing technical teams and people.
- Demonstrable understanding of diverse, multicultural work environment (Middle East experience preferable).
- A proven track record in compute administration, complex problem solving skills.
- Good Operational skills, with a bias for action, and a good understanding of all IT technologies.
- In depth experience/knowledge of VMWare, Server OS, storage, different backup solutions (NetBackup, Networker, Veaam), Azure Tenant/hosting and Services
- Endpoint and security/vulnerability compliance
- MS O365 Products and licensing
- Hybrid solutions
- O365 Security including End Point Security
- Azure ADFS
- Azure Information Protection
- SSO and Multifactor Authentication
- Bitlocker/encryption (MDOP)
- SCCM, SCSM, SCOM and monitoring technologies
- Collaboration Technologies e.g. Skype, Teams
- surface and evolving technologies
- Knowledge of data centre operations and technologies
- Knowledge of network infrastructure components
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good analytical skills
- Proactive thinking - the ability to come up with options and solutions
- Good attention to detail
- Delivery focused
- Willing to challenge and be challenged
- Motivating, positive, energetic, helpful
- Leads by example
- Demonstrates strong customer empathy
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.