Skills: Subsea Engineering, NDT Technician, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently looking to fill the role of QA/QC Inspector for our client a multinational oil and gas production company.
The role is based Offshore,Nigeria.
Ensure that all materials and equipment are available on time, in proper working condition and have passed the necessary QA QC requirements
Ensure that all Deepwater equipment is managed correctly (inspected, assembled, tested,...)
- Prepare operations programs for equipment preparation
- Produce the technical and operational synthesis
- Ensure follow-up of equipment preparation operations
- Draw up operating procedures for workshop activities including QC procedures
- Ensure cost follow-up
- Conduct studies to improve performance
- Conduct studies and projects for affiliates
- Prepare and conduct invitations to tender and service and equipment contracts
- Participate in R&D projects
- Evaluate SERVICE holders
- Ensure Company and Contractor procedures are in place and fully updated prior to commencing any activity.
- Ensure Contractor personnel is fully aware of the content / aim / requirement of the activity
- Ensure all tools necessary for the works (thread gauges, pressure test equipment, bucking unit, drift, OD & ID caliper...) are in good working order and calibrated - Witness / monitor closely inspection & testing activities In Onne on single items
- Witness / monitor closely make-up & testing activities on sub-assemblies for a period of time, is smooth and fully documented
- Ensure conditioning for storage / transportation is adequate at the end of the make/up / inspection testing activities
- Ensure all QC documentation is complete prior to allowing dispatching of equipment offshore
- Monitor and supervise Amosco (and next service company)
- Confirm with Superintendent whether returned sub assemblies require breakout and if so the required process to be followed
- Monitor and follow up all local Fabrications.
- Ensure company rules and correct QAQC procedures are applied
- Assist in auditing all sub contractors
- Report any anomaly in the process to the Well inspection leader
- Ensure corrective measures are proposed and implemented by Contractor
Required Qualification and Experience
- Knowledge of DW Subsea drilling and completion equipment (including completion/X-tree) and associated QA/QC
- Technician Professional experience (number of years): 7+
- Other (prior experience desireable): QA/QC Inspector, NDT level