Baker Hughes is seeking a general warehouse and inventory person to help with shipping and receiving and other warehouse duties.Essential Responsibilities:
- Receives inbound material from outside suppliers and other Baker Hughes plants and field locations.
- Stocks received material, as well as completed products and assemblies from in-house production.
- Picks materials, components and end-products and delivers them to Production or shipping.
- Performs cycle counts.
- Prepares component kits for production, fills orders and supplier subcontract parts.
- Assists production with basic tasks as needed to meet over-flow production demand.
- Performs all work according to the companies' safety, integrity and quality practices and policies.
- Assist and/or perform domestic and international shipping paperwork
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years related experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos and mechanical engineering drawings.
- Possess basic written communication skills.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
- Strong basic PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and indoor overhead crane while loading or unloading freight.
- Comfortable in a warehouse/shop work environment that may be fast paced and occasionally noisy.
- Experience in logistics, shipping, and receiving (both domestic or international)
- Experience with Dangerous Goods shipping practices
Traverse City, MI
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more