The Procurement Specialist- Contracts position provides senior level technical expertise and is responsible for the execution of complex contracts ranging from initial contracting strategy and development to contract execution in support of Targaâ€™s business units and in accordance with Company contracting policies and procedures. Performs responsibilities independently with minimal direction and mentors/ assists junior members on complex matters.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Independently coordinate with stakeholders to ensure complex contracts mitigate risk and deliver competitive advantage by communicating all established Company contracting processes, policies, and procedures;
- Utilize data analysis to optimize contract management process
- Work with contract management systems, including customization of systems to meet company needs
- Monitor compliance with contracted rates and terms by creating analytic tools using Excel and Power BI
- Provide strategic advice to projects regarding contracting strategies/analyze scopes of work to determine contracting strategy;
- Prepare, negotiate, execute, and manage enterprise service agreements (Master Service Agreements)
- Responsible for coordinating contract changes including amendments, renewals, terminations, and closeout.
- Coordinate and complete commercial evaluations, negotiate with suppliers, prepare award recommendations, award service contracts, and providing interpretation of those contracts
- Act as a subject matter expert for all contractual related matters and is the key point of contact for contractual questions to ensure contract terms are understood and followed by internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist with monitoring contractor performance and ensuring compliance with contract terms;
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum BS/BA in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of work experience in contract management or related SCM business
- Proven communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills, with influencing and persuasive talents;
- Data analytics experience in Excel and Power BI
- Systems management and configuration expertise
- Experience negotiating commercial agreements;
- Knowledge of contract management, contract administration, RFx development and execution, and contraction preparation
- Ability to perform objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a decision. Possess the skills to be analytical, gather information, and escalate problems with recommended solutions.
- Intermediate computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience in contract management and application of commercial and general terms and conditions
- Past use of strategic sourcing processes for midstream goods or services
- Solid supplier negotiation skills
- Active utilization/experience of major ERP packages (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.