BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernization and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models. You are at the center of this change within Security Architecture team in the IT&S organisation. You will be delivering security strategies and enterprise architecture artifacts to progress our thinking on how to secure industrial control systems (ICS) and process control networks (PCN) now and into the future. Further, you will be working shoulder to shoulder with solution architects, engineers, and risk officers to deliver your strategies and to turn enterprise decisions into real solutions across all of BP's industrial assets.
A technologist at heart, you will have a fascination with how it will shape the future. You must be able to set a compelling vision of the future and layout the path to get there. You will be persuasive and able to deliver compelling materials to back your thinking and work with solutions teams to deliver them.
You are a strategic thinker, able to plan for the future but with a bias for short-term action. You will operate in a dynamic and delivery focused environment, with the resources of one of the world's most forward-thinking IT departments and leading IT vendors at your fingertips. You are confident and comfortable working across cultures and can help make sure the voice of each team member is heard.Key Accountabilities:Team
: You lead and develop security strategies for our industrial control systems and process control networks. You will provide oversight for solution architects and perform as required as a solution architect producing deliverables such as logical and physical architectures. You will play an integral role in shaping the next generation of talent at BP. You will not just lead, but you will \"do\". Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every single day.Architecture
: You rigorously develop solution architectures and build technical designs of architecture models, seeking practical approaches that optimise and reuse capabilities, while designing for evolution. You will care deeply about the qualities of the solutions you develop and the need to strike the right balance between meeting short term business demands whilst maintaining the longer-term integrity and capability of BP's enterprise architecture.Relationships
: You will collaborate with key stakeholders to develop strategies and enterprise architecture artefacts. You will coach and provide mentoring within the Security Architecture team and inspire team members to engage with the objectives of the wider IT&S function. You will understand the long-term needs of the solution you are developing, and enable delivery by building a rapport with team members both inside and outside of BP.Technology
: You are an excellent technologist and will contribute to strategic transformational IT initiatives from an architectural perspective, facilitating the delivery of solutions. You believe that delivering leading technology solutions, at scale and at pace, depends on deep understanding of application architecture, and fostering effective frameworks for managing technology across the organisation. You will bring hands on skills across traditional enterprise, legacy ICS, and cutting-edge technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess new solutions with a strategic and commercial mindset.Safety and Compliance
: Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security posture.Essential Criteria:
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree from a recognized institute of higher learning, ideally focused in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science.
- A passion for technology and how it will shape the future, forever curious finding out and playing with technology.
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to build effective relationships throughout the organisation.
- A confirmed background in architecture with real-world experience of architecting, designing, and delivering large projects.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop compelling arguments and high-quality written deliverables and presentations
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong knowledge of process control networks and industrial control systems and architectures (DCS, SCADA, SIS, ect) with experience successfully defining secure solutions in these environments.
- Experience in creating reference architectures in the ICS space and the application of PCN/ICS related security standards or practices (ISA/IEC62443, NIST800 series, etc.).
- Deep understanding of cyber threats/risks and experience developing security strategies to address these risks.
- An understanding of the development of ICS/PCN security policies and how to successfully enforce those policies.
- Experience and understanding of the operational requirements of industrial sites in the oil and gas sector.
- PLUS (Desirable Criteria)
- Background knowledge of various Distributed Control Systems, especially from Emerson, Honeywell, and Yokogawa.
- Strong knowledge and usage of TCP/IP, OSI, and Purdue reference model concepts.
- Familiarity of solutions and/or security for applications hosted in different types of cloud (IAAS, PAAS and SAAS)
- Security certification(s) - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP).
- Solution Architecture (5)
- Requirements Definition and Management (4)
- Technical Specialism (5)
- Professional Development (5)
- Systems Integration (5)
- Innovation (5)
Leadership and EQ:
- Emerging Technology Monitoring (5)
- Systems Design (5)
- User Experience Analysis (4)
- Business Risk Management (4)
- Capacity Management (4)
- Network Design (3)
- Service Acceptance (3)
- Systems Development Management (4)
- IT Strategy and Planning (4)
- IT Management (4)
- Business Modelling (4)
- Data specific:
- Information Assurance (4)
- Data Analysis (4)
- Database Design (3)
- Within the team(s) they work, notices morale levels and works to positively influence this.
- Creates an environment where people are listening and speak openly about the good, the bad, and the ugly, so that everyone can understand and learn.
- Promotes a culture of change and agility, evolve continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- Is self-aware and recognises and can manage impact on others.
- Applies judgement and common sense at scale.
- Ensures personal compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrates strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- Cultural fluency - able to operate successfully across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.