Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Location: Abingdon, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The successful candidate will be helping to maintain and further develop a scientific software package consisting of a large multi-language code base. The desktop package provides visualisation, modelling and simulation tools for geoscientists and reservoir engineers, and is contributed to by multiple international development teams.
- Maintaining and developing a scientific software package in C++ and C#
- Manipulation, modification and visualisation of various 3D data models deploying mathematical concepts and have a reasonable understanding of mathematical concepts required for
- Developing new functions and software packages
- Liaising with other teams to mitigate the risk of fixes and enhancements, including teams in other countries.
Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science (recent graduate with less than 2 years of experience).
Alternatively Bachelors or Masters in any STEM Disciplines with 1 to 3 years programming experience.
- Problem solving skills and interests
- Some experience in C++ and/or C#
- Knowledge of C++/CLI would be a bonus
- Interested in algorithmics and the implication of a change
- Ability to write clean and efficient code
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
At our Abingdon Technology Centre, we develop software that enables oil and gas companies to make better decisions for reservoir development. Our software helps quantify reserves and distribution within the formation rocks and to predict changes over the life of the reservoirs. Schlumberger software portfolio spans all technologies from cloud and web-based applications to computationally intensive scientific modelling. Our people create professional software, developing in a dynamic environment and an exciting industry.
Annual Salary Range: from £34,000 to £46,000 depending on qualifications level
Posting date : 12 th of November 2019
Closing date : 14 th of December 2019 or until fulfilment of the position
Estimated start date: Summer 2020 (flexible)
Company name: Schlumberger
Disclaimer: Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.