Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
We are creating new cloud applications for use by our customers in the Oil and Gas industry. We are looking for a lead DevOps engineer willing to take responsibility for a new machine learning application. The role will also involve newly developed applications as they develop and will progress into a more responsible DevOps role across multiple teams in the Geology application space. The technology stack for the DevOps role here includes Jenkins, Gradle, Python, Kubernetes, Helm, Postgres, on AWS and Azure. Experience in equivalent technologies is welcome. Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining highly available systems.
- Ensuring that the solutions meet the non-functional objectives, in particular maintainability, performance, and scalability.
- Improving our CI/CD tooling and processes.
- Improving the monitoring and alerting of our infrastructure.
- Identifying and creating recommendations on when to utilise new technologies.
- Utilizing your experience to provide the necessary guidance and support to other members within the teams.
- Providing guidance and support to other members within the department
- Collaborating with business stakeholders and technology co-workers across other delivery centres.
- Driving best practices and helping our teams build and deliver great products.
- Familiar with build tools such as Gradle, Maven etc.
- Experience managing high-availability systems.
- Experience of using cloud platforms for example Azure, AWS, GCP or cluster technologies using Docker.
- Experience of using the latest containerisation tools such as Docker and building both Linux and Windows containters.
- Experience with an orchestrator such as Kubernetes.
- Experience writing Helm scripts or similar technology for describing deployment of microservices.
- Scripting experience such as Python, Perl, Shell script, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience of maintaining and optimizing database servers in one or more of graph, document or relational database technologies.
- Good understanding of agile principles and usage of software to manage the process such as Jira or TFS.
- Knowledge of integration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI etc.
- Be an excellent communicator and are able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Mathematical learning component to your degree or earlier qualifications to a high level.
- An interest or direct experience with scientific or engineering software.
- Is resilient and can shine in a creative scenario where all the delivery answers are not available.
- Has the ability to talk about complex technical issues in both technical and non-technical speak
- Has the ability to absorb complex technical and commercial information, combined with a willingness to learn new and novel frameworks and architectures
- Experienced with prioritisation and decision-making
- Analytical and creative in problem solving
- Has a positive attitude towards standardisation and is keen to encourage department-wide adoption of suitable technologies and tools.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
97 Jubilee Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RW, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 81860
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.