The logistics specialist is responsible for end-to-end logistics solutions to achieve required on-time pick up & delivery of goods. This includes executing processes to meet the logistics costs budgets, initiating improvements in logistics operation and reporting key logistics KPIs. The specialist will also need to ensure that company policy and international trade compliance regulations are adhered to.Essential Responsibilities:
- Continuous internal communication with functional managers at Flexible Pipe Systems sites
- Be the single point of contact for internal and external customers where any logistics solutions are required
- Continuous tracking of all ongoing shipments as well as proactively preparing for upcoming shipments including logistics cost and timeline planning
- Work with 3rd party logistics providers to manage shipments through RFQ, execution and invoice payment
- Work with customs brokers to ensure on time custom clearance and delivery to site
- Implementation of tools and dashboards for logistics KPIs
- Analysis of transportation spend and reconciliation with the financial ledger
- Support standardization of transportation processes across FPS onshore business.
- Bachelor's Degree OR a High School diploma/GED and minimum 2 years work experience in logistics or supply chain management
- Demonstrated logistics/supply chain experience in a similar industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent project management, communication and analytical skills
- Some overtime and weekend support as requested
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Self-starter, capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business.
- Strong problem recognition and solution development abilities.
- LEAN Principles experience is preferred
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more