Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baker, Montana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is currently seeking a Mechanic to join our team in the Baker, Montana area .The Mechanic position will be primarily responsible for supporting mechanical equipment at the assigned facility or area of operations.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Performing mechanical maintenance.
- Coordinating and planning major overhauls of Compressor packages, as well as the Solar gas turbine and centrifugal gas compressors
- Routine maintenance and support on reciprocating gas compressors
- Coordinating and overseeing major repairs and overhauls on pumps, compressors and engines
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintenance of equipment associated with gas liquefaction and production facilities
- Support for centrifugal/positive displacement pumps, centrifugal/diesel air compressors, industrial cooling fans, gas/diesel engines, electrical generators, and HVAC systems
- Replacing/refurbishing mechanical seals
- Working on hydraulic man lifts, forklifts and other rolling equipment
- Initiating mechanical maintenance without direct supervision and directing small contract work group in daily activities
- Leading annual turnarounds and assist contract support teams.
- Working directly with vendors to resolve rotating equipment/parts issues
- Working directly with engineers to resolve turbine/compressor issues
- Identifying infrastructure needs for production and maintenance departments
- Documenting critical work (written reports for tracking equipment history) and maintaining shop equipment, tooling and consumable inventory
- Actively participating in job planning
- Representing the mechanical group at meetings
Skills / Qualifications
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ years of direct industrial experience as a rotating equipment mechanic
- Current valid driver's license
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following:
- Lifting (raising and transporting up to 50 pounds)
- Bending, stooping, and moderate manual labor
- Working in confined spaces
- Climbing and working at various levels above ground
- Working on a 40 hour per week schedule with occasional overtime when needed for mechanical reliability at the facility
- Technical diploma or equivalent operating experience
- 10+ years of industrial experience as a rotating equipment mechanic, preferably in the petro-chemical industry
- Working knowledge of centrifugal/reciprocating compressors
- Preventive maintenance experience with heavy industrial equipment including but not limited to experience with rotor balance, precision measurement, alignment and non-intrusive equipment inspections
- Self-motivated and works well in a team environment. Ability to guide fellow workers
- Adaptable to changing conditions
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience using hand tools, power tools, lifting & rigging equipment
- Proficient with all types of precision measuring tooling
- Capable of operating laser alignment equipment
- Offshore/remote work environment experience
- Demonstrable history of positive past achievements with increasing responsibilities
- Self-starter with strong planning, technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated HSE leadership ability & desire to deliver Zero Incident HSE results
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
- Responds resourcefully, flexibly and positively when faced with challenges and demands
- Manages tasks to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities of self and others
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.