Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking an EHS Rig Advisor in the Houston, TX area to provides visible leadership on deck and promotes safe rig operations by helping to ensure that jobs and tasks are planned and executed safely. The position is a resource for the Drilling Supervisor(s) and drilling contractor personnel to help ensure that the drilling EHS management system is actively implemented and sustained by the work crews. The position is responsible to perform support duties related to managing high risk activities; evaluation of safety critical controls, incident reporting and investigation, trend analysis, workforce participation and on-boarding.
- Participate in facility orientation briefings for all new personnel immediately upon their arrival.
- Support the DSV with the implementation of the core EHS activities (e.g. SWA, JSA, AAR, BBS).
- Participate, observe, influence and coach rig personnel on working safely and conducting effective Permit to Work, JSA's, AAR's and hazard recognition.
- Verify that the drilling contractor's EHS management system, approved policies, procedures, standards and relevant EHS regulatory requirements are being complied with; audit (test), document and report areas of non-compliance to DSV and D&C EHS supervisor and follow through to closure of actions required to address the non-compliance.
- Monitor the rig contractor permit to work system, ensuring high risk tasks and activities are managed in an effort to minimize conflicting simultaneous operations; verify personnel understand PTW criteria, hazards and controls are recorded and personnel trained in the application of the system.
- Monitors environmental management systems to assess compliance with regulatory and company requirements; inspect waste disposal methods, labeling and storage of hazardous & non-hazardous materials; track and collect emissions and waste data specified in the waste management plan.
- Monitors the rig contractor's BBS process, workforce participation; analyze data generated by the rig contractor and use results (trends) to support the DSV in prompting accident prevention strategies.
- Report incidents to the DSV, provide support and participation in the onsite investigations led by the Lead DSV or his designate, track and assist with following up on closure of corrective/preventive actions as entered in Synergi.
- Provide support for emergency response activities; verify personnel are trained and understand the various response scenarios; observe emergency response drills and exercises; facilitate post-drill reviews of same, track and assist with following up on closure of corrective/preventive actions.
- Monitor drilling operations and use of equipment; assist DSVs to verify personnel have completed required training; verify that barriers are functioning and preventive maintenance program is adequately followed to prevent critical failures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive industry experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience
- Ability to travel when necessary
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.