Skills: Accounting, Commercial Management, Operations Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Raeburn Recruitment are assisting our client, a leading provider of outsourced accountancy services, with an exciting requirement for an Operations Director. This is a permanent position based in Inverness and presents a unique opportunity to join a growing organisation.
As Operations Director you will have a strong commercial focus and hold senior key client relationships, working closely with Business Development to cement these relationships and unlock potential organic revenue growth. Your primary duties will include:
- Planning, directing and coordinating the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed client expectations
- Presenting to potential clients and responding to tender documents to win business and grow the current client portfolio and build new business
- Providing coaching and mentoring to the Operational line managers to develop them to their full potential and fulfil succession planning requirements
- Working collaboratively with all colleagues to ensure opportunities to share resources and maximise client service are delivered; introduction of more flexible working models including cross-skilling
- Driving the growth and profitability of the operational departments
- Assisting the MD in the development of meaningful, achievable budgets and other short and long term strategic goals
- Participating and contributing to company's leadership environment
The Operations Director opportunity would be ideal for commercially minded candidates with extensive experience in a client facing role. You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant Accounting Qualification (ACA, ICAS, CIMA or ACCA) or equivalent
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with experience in industry
- Proven experience of effectively managing various accounting and shared services projects to a high quality solution simultaneously whilst adhering to deadlines, utilising best practise tools and techniques
- Strong people skills; impactful, confident, credible and comfortable at engaging collaboratively in an intellectual and multinational environment at all levels
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results
- Ability to drive and execute strategic vision for Operations and the broader business
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.