Baker Hughes is looking for a Field Service Technician/Engineer to participate in installation, overhaul and maintenance of X-trees and other related equipment and perform operations of the associated control system.
The Field Service Engineer needs to have knowledge of building, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and operating IWOCS (Installation and WorkOver Control System) and other electro-hydraulic control systems for subsea projects and others.Essential Responsibilities:
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
- Inventory control of necessary project related equipment onshore/ offshore.
- Operation/control, function test, repair work and reporting of necessary maintenance of delivered or rented equipment and control systems.
- Perform all essential pressure testing in line with installation and maintenance.
- Assist and perform preparation of work-, status- or problem reports to customer or project.
- Assist in planning of shipping equipment to and from offshore or customer site.
- Lead and assist workshop personnel if requested
- Responsible to ensure the daily operation report is updated and handover to relevant offshore personnel
- Certificate of apprenticeship in automation (mechanical or electro)
- Technical education within automation, mechanical or electrical degree
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Demand flexibility in terms of periodic need for work in manufacturing facilities and workshops.
- Be flexible for traveling on service missions on short notice or on rotation work domestic or international.
- Manage written and orally English and Norwegian
- Be able to perform e.g. troubleshooting and repair work on the spot
- Be able to discuss technical problems and solutions
- Good interpersonal skills as a team player and individually.
- Valid health certificate for offshore work
- Be able to work in a busy environment and handle pressure
- PC Literate: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- We happily receive send applications both in Norwegian and English
- Perform work safely and get customers satisfaction.
- Work closely with field service team to achieve a common goal.
- Regular contact with personnel coordinator and project coordinator.
- Regular contact with customers and installation/rig crew
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more