Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The BH Staff application Operations Engineer reports to the Manager of Digital Operations and leads complex, multidisciplinary teams in resolution of highprofile outages/application incidents leveraging contingent worker support team, internal supporting organizations and Application Operations coworkers when appropriate.
The BH Staff Application Operations Engineer performs a critical support function for the company by working with end users to define, build, test, and deploy SAP configuration and technical requests. This person will work with SAP users to fully understand their request and propose the proper SAP solution. This person will be expected to adhere to BH/SAP Standard best practices and utilize SAP standard processes where possible. This person will need to have an understand of business process as well as deep SAP domain knowledge. This person will provide highly complex support functions for ancillary add-ons and user exits as needed. This person will be required to provide hands on leadership and configuration support in the areas of SAP Sourcing and Procurement in a Global SAP environment spanning multiple SAP systems. Assures functional specifications are consistent with the technology strategic model and interfaces with team member, management, and C-level resources. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Communicates with end-users and thirdparty vendors to gather requirements for
projects and incidents.
• Leverages expert-level domain knowledge to design, develop, maintain, test, and deploy new and changed functionality.
• Develops technical design documentation for all enhancements and assists with
functional design documents.
• Actively partners with business units to identify improvements that will increase
efficiency of the systems and researches and implements application-use
• Provides second-level and third-level enduser support for the most complex enduser application administration requests and requirements.
• Performs SAP system configuration management.
• Maintains business process procedures in conjunction with the process owners.
• Resolves Request/Incident tickets from users and provides telephone and onsite
technical support to troubleshoot and fix the most complex application-use
• Works closely with vendors to resolve issues and manage deployments.
• Other various duties related to the position, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent), Computer Science (10+ years of combined
college education and work experience may be substituted for a degree)
• 6+ years of experience in SAP, preferably Supply Chain and/or Procurement
• Strong knowledge and skills in SAP best practices, business analysis, process design
and requirements gathering
• Proficient computer skills, including in Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent reading comprehension, oral communication, critical thinking and
Consistent strong attention to detail
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow or CA Service Desk
• SAP MM Certification
• SAP Ariba knowledge and/or certification
• Ability to prioritize, adapt, multi-task, work independently and achieve objectives
in a demanding, fast-paced work environment
• Proven ability to apply business process design methodology to develop effective
solutions to business problems
• Strong customer service and team mentality and ability to conduct oneself in
a professional manner at all times
• Prior experience performing intelligence analysis in a professional setting
Location: Mumbai, India
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more