Reporting to Digital Technology Team leader, the Sr Software Engineer will be responsible for SAP solutions for all business processes and related custom developments. The candidate will establish operating rhythm with Program Managers/Project Managers/Business Process Leaders/ Business users to collaborate on Projects implementation- Rollouts /support opportunities forsimplification/standardization/Improvement s.Essential Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
• Own or participate in complete SAP projects / roll-outs.
• Collaborate with Functional leads, Project Managers, and cross functional
stakeholders/partners for development activities.
• Establish, promote, and drive best practices in software development across the entire SDLC.
• Demonstrate and maintain a commitment to quality, security, efficiency, and maintainability.
• Demonstrate and mentor maturity and an understanding that code alone does not equal a finished product. Help foster and maintain excellent documentation practices and a belief that maintainable code, with an ample knowledge base of accurate and current documentation is a software development best practice.
• Be accountable for the quality of solutions delivered by project and support teams and to the best of your ability assist BPLs, SMEs, other developers, and end users in excellent testing guidance.
• Provide technical leadership in providing solution designs, development reviews.
• Effectively communicate in an ever changing, highly matrixed organization
• Coordinate process design or re-engineering with internal project manager(s)
• Under limited supervision, design, implements codes test and maintain automated and manual processes in support of business needs and/or corporate strategy.
• Coordinate process design or re-engineering with utilizing internal project management methodology.
• Acts as liaison between global implementation teams and business partners while
eliciting requirements for process improvement.
• Work with customers to understand their business processes and needs while managing expectations within the scope of existing business strategies.
• Build and manage business cases to justify projects that fall within scope.
• May coordinate user support efforts and craft solutions to complex problems.
• Provide technical leadership on complex projects.
• May be responsible for multiple phases of a project.
• Formulate/define system scope and objectives.
• Lead project/work teams and instruct, direct and check the work of less experienced personnel.
• Provide support for complex business applications.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT),
Computer Science, or Engineering or 10 years of IT technical experience
• Minimum 10 years of IT professional experience
• Minimum 7 years of professional experience in Software Development
• Minimum 4 years of SAP ECC 6.0 experience
• Excellent, demonstrable oral and written communication skills
• English language proficiency, both spoken and written
• Experience in new implementations / rollout/Enhancements and Support.
• Experience in all technical aspects of custom development in SAP environment
including reports, forms (SAP Script and Smart Forms), Enhancements, Interface
development and conversion.
• Experience and knowledge of all interface/conversion development techniques in SAP - Files, RFC, IDOCs, Proxies, Web Service, LSMW.
• Experience with
- Object Oriented ABAP
- SAP Workflow
- Search Helps (aka. Match Codes)
- Field Exists
- Debugging utilities
- Understanding of how Call
Transactions(with Batch Data Communication)functions
- Understanding of how BAPIs function
- Understanding of how Enhancement
- Points function.
- Testing documentation
• Experience of leading a team, doing technical reviews, setting development
• Good cross functional knowledge as required for technical lead level with
proficiency in at least 1 module.
• Experience of working in a structured environment, following software
• Experience in working with globally distributed multi-cultural teams
• Strong written and oral communication
• Highly motivated, Self-starter
• Able to travel overseasDesired Characteristics:
• 12+ years experience with CMMI-5
• Strong team player - collaborates well
with others to solve problems and actively
incorporates input from various sources
• Applies knowledge to coach and mentor
• Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the
• Strong analytical and strong problemsolving skills - communicates in a clear and
succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions,
anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Strong cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills from both a strategic and technical standpoint across the function and business in a complex global matrix organization. Places high emphasis on strategy & influence. Ability to influence at the peer level is key.
• Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined.
• Experience and understanding of theSystems Development LifecycleLocation: Mumbai, India
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more