The Lead Services Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership in customer engagement for FEED studies and tenders in the OFE Services Business. The role focuses on creation of a systemic solution to meet customer requirements, working closely with the customer as well as commercial operations, sales and product stakeholders.
The role will primary focus on interfacing directly with the customer and regional services organisation to deliver technically and commercially compliant tenders for complex service projects, intervention projects and life of field contracts etc. There will be associations and relationships with the customer and global product centres to ensure effective and efficient support is provided for optimised outcomes
The position is based at Baker Hughes, Dusavik facility, Stavanger, Norway.Essential Responsibilities:
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to comply with specifications
- Estimates systems engineering and design man hour requirements for review by execution team.
- Executes systems level product offerings, managing support from each commercial team product segment.
- Liaises with sales, business development and product functions during the pursuit and bid phases of a tender.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and quality requirements.
- Works with the commercial team to be compliant with the internal tendering toll gates to deliver a preferred optimized solution to the client.
- Provides accurate and validated technical proposals and an understanding of commercial impact.
- Presents solutions in a form capable of easy interpretation by internal and external customers at tender pursuit and execution phases
- Ensures sub-contract technical risk is managed in line with procedures
- Develops overall system engineering execution plan and testing philosophy for bid
- Collates and prepares preliminary and full Master Equipment Lists and operationalise the tender.
- Assist internal and external customers on technical issues.
- Technical write ups for commercial submissions
- Discuss technical concepts with customers based on specific operation needs
- Participate in technical reviews with customers and internal departments to ensure best technical solution is offered to customer
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline or an equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant experience
- Strong engineering experience within the subsea industry (projects and operations preferred) or related service organisation.
- Technical knowledge of subsea production equipment - Xmas Trees, Control Systems, Manifold & Connection Systems. Domain knowledge of intervention, operations and equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety, and quality regulations within the oil and gas industry.
- Good communication skills, with an ability to communicate well in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural team. Good English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of relevant and applicable International and Norwegian Standards.
- Service minded.
- Proactive and results oriented, self-motivated and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good analytical skills combined with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to cooperate in multi-disciplinary engineering groups.
- Experience in Creo, TeamCenter, Oracle or equivalent packages.
- Commercial background and aptitude
- Knowledge of engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Solid oil and gas industry knowledge including either subsea hardware including wellheads, trees, manifolds, connection systems and intervention solutions.
- Dusavik facility, Stavanger, Norway
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more