Skills: Supply & Distribution
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies, employing more than 80,000 people globally and has operated in Australia since 1919. Today, we're involved in a whole range of activities, such as exploring natural gas and crude oil resources as well as refining and marketing petroleum products and lubricants. We also have a network of almost 1,400 service stations throughout Australia.
BP's Kwinana Refinery is one of the most modern in the southern hemisphere. It is Western Australia's only refinery and with a capacity of 150,000 barrels of crude oil per day, it is Australia's largest. It began operation in 1955 and since this time it has continued to grow in national and international significance.
About the opportunity
BP Kwinana has opportunities for driven, enthusiastic professionals with oil refinery commercial optimisation experience. This role uses models to select feedstocks and create optimised production plans and campaigns for the refinery. You will provide a key interface into BP's Fuels Value chain including our oil supply and trading organisation and into the day to day operation of the refinery plant.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Development of the refinery medium- and long-term plans based on crude purchases, product demand and plant capability in planning models and tools
- Communicate key optimisation targets, constraints and trade-offs to other departments
- Create optimisation strategies for outages and shutdowns
- Be a key point of contact information between the refinery and BP's supply and trading organisation
- Provide leave cover for other optimisation team roles including some weekends on-call.
- Provide support to other refinery members on use of the LP tool and other production planning tools.
- Coach team members within the refinery and through the value-chain on refinery capability, feasibility and Scheduling.
This role requires a high level of analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to drive sustained improvement and change in a dynamic environment.
Previous experience in working in commercial optimisation in an oil refinery, oil and gas or petrochemicals context is essential.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- An understanding of oil refinery process units & their operational capabilities
- Awareness of refining economics
- Some experience with Linear Programming optimisation tools such as Aspen PIMS, Haverley GRTMPS or equivalent
- Understanding of oil refinery production planning scheduling tools and systems
- Ability to make decisions when under time pressure or without all the information being available
- Proven experience in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes,
- Deal with ambiguity, navigate complexity and drive to outcomes through commercial analyst
- A Science, Engineering or Business degree is preferred, but not essential
We can offer you a vibrant, collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes its values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team. We have a commitment to developing your career and reward our people with a competitive package and flexible working conditions coupled with benefits that reflect these values.
We are a global organisation with fantastic opportunities for professional and personal growth with a collaborative culture where agile working is encouraged.