Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: Australia- Wide
Type of contract: Permanent
We are looking for a HSE Manager Wireline to join our team in Australia.
The HSE Manager is responsible for advising and supporting line management in ensuring that Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and standards remain an integral part of the location, country or sub-GeoMarket's business, equal in priority to production and profitability. The HSE Manager is a role model regarding HSE policies and standards.
- Develop managers' awareness of HSE policies and standards as integral to line management responsibilities and objectives
- Develop a competent and motivated HSE organization
- Assist the location, country or sub-GeoMarket manager with: Achieving year on year accident reductions toward the ultimate goal of zero accidents; defining HSE objectives; liaising with customers, contractors and agencies regarding HSE; regularly assessing risks; preparing and implementing HSE plans to comply with HSE policies, standards and procedures; defining HSE metrics and maintaining records; monitoring the perception of Schlumberger services among customers; conducting management review meetings to assess the effectiveness of the HSE
- Management System and identifying improvements; supporting the Supply Chain function on HSE related contractors
- Ensure that HSE risks are identified and risk management plans are implemented
- Ensure HSE training is provided to all personnel, including contractors, to meet minimum and job related training
- Make sure all accidents and non-conformances are investigated and followed up as per the HSE Standard; participate in investigations of major failures and accidents
- Advise management on corrective actions required
- Advise management on the level of compliance with local and national regulations
- Maintain a high level of awareness and active personal involvement among all personnel through prevention and reporting of non-conformances
- Lead the audit program and verify compliance with company standards using appropriate checklists
- Develop HSE partnerships with customers, suppliers and contractors, and promote
- Schlumberger HSE leadership within the Industry
- Keep abreast of new documentation and training material related to HSE and inform management accordingly
- Ensure regular updating of personal certifications and training
- Coach and guide team members on HSE training and competency progress
- Reside in Australia and have the right to live and work in Australia
- No travel restrictions and open to relocation in Australia based on company's requirement
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 years relevant experience may substitute to formal qualifications
- Strong understanding of Schlumberger service offering
- Strong communicator
- Strong computer skills and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical, conceptual and reasoning skills
- Outcomes focused and the ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
- Understands the oil and gas workflows and can apply solutions to problems
- Effectively uses Sales Business Systems
- Can work in a high-pressure, learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
If you are looking for an exciting career in a dynamic international company, rewarding career opportunities and an attractive compensation package, we encourage you to apply.
Application: Please apply via this advertisement and upload detailed resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and work experience.
Application is open from 10-November-2019 until 10-December-2019.
Only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.