The Com-ops Manager within the TPS Commercial Team plays an essential role in the growth of the India Geo market. He/she is focused on the Turbomachinery Products such as Centrifugal Compressors, Gas Turbines, Reciprocating Compressors, Steam Turbines, Pumps, Turbo Expanders and others.Essential Responsibilities
- Meet order budget, proposal timeliness & Quality, cycle time, hit Rate / win Rate, and project profitability.
- Demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
- Lead the development of New Units proposals, driving configuration, timing, quality, and competitiveness to match customer CTQs. Integrates and develop processes that meet business & regional needs across the organization. Involved in long-term planning. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise.
- Responsible for all aspects of contract management, including proposal development, risk management and mitigation, specification compliance, scope development, transactional pricing, customer negotiations, customer communications and issue resolution.
- Lead the transactional deal process having the ability to structure creative, commercially and technically sound quality deals to exceed Customers expectations and drastically increase win rate.
- Provide leadership and guidance during the deal review process to ensure that all technical risks, mitigation and business risks acceptance levels are properly incorporated in the development of the scope, cost and proposal wording to deliver safe and profitable contracts.
- Interface with the Region Sales teams and the Application Engineering team to develop commercial strategies and solutions that will meet customer requirements as well as meet or exceed business goals.
- Coordinate the output of proposals to insure the production schedule dates are met and that a quality proposal is issued to the customer.
- Develop appropriate Terms and Conditions for standard Customer proposals based on Risk / Reward Analysis.
- Is responsible for the development of the team members and lead the long-term strategy of local autonomous operations.
- Builds training and retaining regional talent driving deeper expertise
- Engineering Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 10+ years of commercial experience with the ability to lead people, structure creative deals for customers, negotiate contracts, deal effectively with customers.
- Strong Team Builder and Team Manager, interacting with AE, Engineering, PMs, Sales Force, Finance, Global Operations, Quality, Lean, to build the desired results.
- Proven capability to establish good relationship with customers and build mutual trust
- Strong business acumen
- Customer Centric attitude
- Strong communication skills - externally and internally, at all levels in the organization
- Required good knowledge of turbomachinery products and processes
- Fluent English, good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Never-give-up, top say-do ratio, problem solving
- Team player
- HSE commitment and fundamentals
- 10+ years of experience in sales, commercial operations, contract negotiation
- Turbomachinery industry knowledge and competitive landscape understanding at transactional level
- Ability to quantify transaction value on downstream Customer business models
- Proven experience of legal and financial aspects of contracts and related terms and conditions.
- Experience in leading and influencing global cross functional teams
- Fast Work thinking
: Gurgaon, India
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more