This person will serve as an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer who will work as part of the Research and Technology Development team tasked with researching, conceptualizing, designing, prototyping and qualifying state of the art Artificial Lift equipment. The candidate will work in an innovative, challenging and highly rewarding environment with a diverse team of highly qualified professionals focused on pushing the limits of technology through creative thinking, research, design, analysis, prototyping, engineering test and field technology demonstrations.Essential Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, development and new technology evaluation to advance the state of the art of manufacturing within Artificial Lift Systems.
- Engage with manufacturing personnel and leadership to conduct voice of customer understand existing processes, capability gaps and future needs.
- Characterize and document process capabilities for existing and new technologies.
- Enable realization and commercialization of new disruptive artificial lift product technologies through development and or implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies, methods and processes. These technologies can include additive manufacturing, augmented reality, data science, robotics, enhanced process monitoring & control, casting and or general automation.
- Enhance product quality, increase manufacturing throughput and reduce product cost through research, development and deployment new technologies in the areas of process automation, process monitoring, data analytics and manufacturing plant design.
- Design, analyze and prototype equipment test rigs and specialized manufacturing machines and or devices. This includes development of CAD models, completing all necessary design calculations, testing, commissioning, process definition and documentation of the items.
- Develop technology roadmaps for advanced manufacturing for the Artificial Lift Systems business.
- Perform hands on assembly, disassembly and inspection of complete mechanical devices or systems.
- Conduct design for manufacture, design for assembly and design for cost activities concurrently with the design efforts in the conceptual, preliminary and detailed design phases.
- Develop manufacturing plans and estimates for the manufacture of a wide array product technologies, test apparatuses and test specimens.
- Design and development of measurement techniques for broad range of measurement types in support of product development and or scientific testing.
- Provide manufacturing support to the team in the form of part following, expediting, shop support, troubleshooting (machining, methods & programming), material planning, bill of material creation, methods planning/creation, generating work orders and developing tooling designs.
- Actively participate in team brainstorming and ideation sessions by openly sharing ideas with the team and developing & exploring ideas presented by other team members.
- Support project team through participation, development and execution of: budgets, project plans, design reviews, internal and external customer meetings, cross functional collaboration, or other engineering activities associated with project execution.
- Working with and supporting other functions as required to ensure all the requirements are properly identified and work products are ready on time.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 6+ years of experience or Master's in Engineering with 4+ years of experience.
- 3+ years' experience in a machine shop / production manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification with 2+ years applied experience.
- Capable of hands on work in lab, test facility, engineering prototype shop or field location.
- 2+ years' experience with factory automation technologies.
- Proven knowledge of machining processes and machine capabilities with demonstrated application of these skills.
- Strong background in metrology with a demonstrated history of hands on application to a wide variety of technologies and use cases.
- Understanding of engineering design and process improvements.
- Proficiency in:
- Design for manufacture, assembly and cost
- 3D modeling using SolidWorks, Pro-E or NX CAD
- Development of mechanical design & assembly drawings
- Interpretation and application of engineering drawings or blue prints
- Application mathematical and engineering calculations
- Problem solving skills with a drive for results and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Project management with demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflicts
- MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong at written and verbal communication.
- Ability to build strong peer relationships as well as work independently.
- Must be action oriented and driven to achieve results while receiving moderate to minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to complete project work on time and within budget.
- Six sigma black belt certification with 4+ years applied experience.
- 3+ years' experience with design and implementation of process automation in the form of mechanical and electrical systems such as pneumatic, hydraulic or robotics.
- 3+ years' experience in design for additive manufacturing with strong understanding of various modalities.
- 3+ years' working in advanced manufacturing and or research and development role with responsibility implementation and or design of advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Strong understanding of casting process including various techniques and mold flow modeling software.
- Strong knowledge of advanced metrology including laser, optical, CMM and ultrasonic based technologies.
- Prior experience in aerospace, automotive, heavy machinery or defense industry