At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
This position is responsible for the management of Chemicals Product Management, Manufacturing, Finance, Legal and Sales Management in procurement and operational management of Toll (contract) manufacturing services. This position will also be responsible for supporting the requirements of Global Markets to establish local Toll manufacturing compliant with Legal, HSE, Tax, Finance and SAP compliance. Additionally, this position will be responsible for sourcing raw materials for the region. This position reports to the VP of Supply Chain in Sugar Land, TX.Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead identification and sourcing of Toll manufacturing services, contracts and compliance management for plant and GEO specific requirements.
- Manage raw materials and finished goods inventories in Toll plants, and meet inventory turn objectives at Toll plants.
- Develop a method to measure On-Time-Delivery and other KPIs for Tollers.
- Provide best total cost structure of Toll manufactured products thru supplier selection procedure, collaboration with raw materials supply chain and "make or buy" analysis.
- Drive efficiency thru identification and implementation of best practices.
- Assess technical and commercial capabilities of potential toll manufactures to produce Baker Hughes products with assistance of Product Management.
- Assure product compliance of toll manufactured products with Baker Hughes specifications.
- Negotiate and execute contracts with suppliers and tollers, keep contracts up to date.
- Provide support to GEO requests to establish low cost, in-country manufacture of products while meeting all compliance requirements.
- Source raw materials to provide reliable supply in the region at a low cost.
- Maintain correct BOMs for tolled products and costs in SAP for the region.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 8+ years' experience in sourcing/procurement for direct and indirect spend
- 3+ years' experience in a leadership role
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles, concepts, theories and practices for blending and chemical synthesis relating to oilfield chemical products.
- Proficient in SAP modules for purchasing management, product management.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation, diplomacy and collaboration skills.
- Experience in developing supplier relationships including establishing and maintaining contracts in various legal entities.
- Demonstrated strong leadership/strategic thinking skills.
- Project Management skills including goal setting and process improvement.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Tools, particularly Excel.
- Presentation and Negotiation skills.
- M.S. or MBA
- 10+ years' experience in manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years' experience in supply chain/chemicals procurement or equivalent.
- Working Knowledge of Chemicals and Minerals global market.
- Working Knowledge of Supply Chain Management business.
- Skilled at Financial Planning, Budgeting & Reporting.
- Certification or Working Knowledge in Lean Six Sigma Process Optimization.
Sugar Land, TX