Baker Hughes is currently hiring a Senior Business/Commercial Tax Manager based in Houston, Texas
In this role, you will determine and minimize the company's worldwide tax liability with the highest integrity while complying with worldwide tax laws.
This is a senior level manager requiring in-depth understanding of US and broader international tax issues, the oil & gas industry, and how their role integrates with other corporate functions within their discipline. The focus of this role will be providing tax support on commercial transactions, both in the NAM/Caribbean region and global contracts. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide tax support across the BHC product companies in the North American market, with a focus on the Caribbean jurisdictions.
- Provide commercial support, including advising on contract structures, reviewing tender documents, advising on contract T&Cs and identifying tax risk areas.
- Coordinate and collaborate with tax colleagues across the BHC organization, including product company tax colleagues, tax planning team, transfer pricing team, the indirect tax team, employment tax experts and the tax lifecycle & analysis team. Work directly with sales and commercial teams, treasury, mobilization experts, legal and finance, in order to drive customer outcomes.
- Drive process changes and process improvements to support our sales and commercial colleagues, to achieve commercial excellence.
- Provide tax technical trainings to various operational teams.
- Provide tax technical analysis, policy interpretation and support with transaction execution. Work with the tax lifecycle team to oversee regional tax filings and management of Corporate tax audits, in the Caribbean region.
- Interpret Transfer Policy and regulations for the region and provide direction on required agreements and documentation.
- Co-ordination with external tax advisers, legal firms and tax authorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Tax, or related business discipline
- 7+ years of related tax experience in public accounting, law firm or industry, specializing in US and/or international tax issues.
- Experience of reviewing and advising on legal contracts and documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Master's degree in Taxation or Juris Doctorate preferred
- Experience in the oil and gas industry preferred
- International taxation experience preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and to collaborate, lead and be a team worker.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional projects and drive outcomes.
- Ability to document, plan and execute new policies and tax processes.
- Spanish language skills would be beneficial but not critical.