Skills: Civil Construction, Construction Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Superior, Wisconsin, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Position Title: CRUDE Civil/Structural Coordinator
Reports to: Crude Construction Superintendent
Main Function: The Crude Civil/Structural Coordinator will be responsible for the Crude Civil/Structural Steel execution of a Refinery Rebuild Project. The Civil/Structural Coordinator will be responsible to review and supervise the Contractors' work daily. Activities include planning, organizing, directing and controlling methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, work schedule and reviewing documentations. The Civil/Structural Coordinator is responsible to report construction issues (interfaces/safety/productivity etc.) to the Construction Superintendent to ensure Project Objectives are achieved.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for witnessing contractor work procedures and quality of work performed for compliance with project requirements. 25%
- Responsible for coordinating contractor activities and ensuring performance in accordance with work packages and instructions. 40%
- Responsible for preparing NCRs, and notifying the Construction Manager and contractor, when contractor's work does not comply with project requirements, specifications and/or drawings. 5%
- Participate in construction incident investigation and corrective actions. 5%
- Coordinate Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS). 10%
- Monitor and follow the Refinery Emergency Response Plan. 5%
- Provide input and monitor the construction schedule, including identifying potential problems and impacts to the schedule. 5%
- Provide input and support mitigations of identified construction risk items. 5%
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- Appropriate Trade designation / certification (Carpenter / Ironworker / Concrete etc.)
- Journeyman designation as a minimum
- A minimum of 20 years of experience on large capital projects
- Proven track record of success as an effective leader and construction professional
- Strong technical competency at the planning, execution and completion levels
- Proven practical knowledge of current project and construction management tools and practices (e.g. cost management systems, scheduling, estimating, risk tools, constructability, etc.)
- An understanding of the competitive environment and ideally bring an extensive personal network of contacts in the EPC, Oil and Gas and related large-scale process industries while understanding the issues and challenges is required
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective negotiation skills are preferred
- Consensus builder; team player; mentor; credible at all levels - both internally and externally preferred
- Effective risk management, analytical and planning skills are assets
- Strong non-authoritative leadership skills - ability to influence others
- Proven leadership and team building skills
- Proven innovation skills
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Other relevant post-secondary education such as a Civil Engineer/Structural Engineer, advanced degree or equivalent experience will be considered in total experience
- Has experience with various labor postures in Owner and Contractor organizations
- Recognized participation in industry organizations such as CII, COAA, IPA, etc.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.