Skills: Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn , Twitter , YouTube and Facebook .
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
The Investor Relations team's purpose is to facilitate direct engagement with the financial community through various avenues of open and constructive communication. The team plays a critical role in a number of activities, including the Company's quarterly earnings process, investor and lender presentations, communications with the Board of Directors, as well as monitoring the sentiment of investors, competitors, regulators, and other third parties towards the Company and the industry.
The Investor Relations Analyst will play an important role on the small but impactful Investor Relations team, reporting directly to the Investor Relations Director, and will utilize a unique combination of financial, analytical and communication skill sets. This is a high-visibility role which will offer you exposure and interaction with our executive team and development opportunities within the Company.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Safety & Compliance
- Maintains safety and service quality as a first priority when working across all areas of the business
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activity is carried out ethically and in compliance with Company policies, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices
- Adopt and drive consistent use of technology
- Responsible for co-ordinating research into the attitudes of the investors and analysts and will support the IR Director in recommending a communications strategy to enhance the perception of the Company in the financial community
- Supports the Investor Relations portion of the website
- Supports the IR Director in monitoring the attitude of any relevant government authorities towards the Company and giving this feedback to the executive team in a timely manner
- Supporst the IR Director for gather feedback from key shareholders and communicating this back to the executive team
- Supports the IR Director in monitoring the performance of the Company's peers and the oil and gas market and identifying any trends or patterns that are relevant for the Company to be made aware of and of advising the executive team accordingly
- Supports the IR Director in developing investor kits and other material for use within the financial community
Client & Communication
- Collaborate with the Global Communications team to ensure that the Company's messaging is effective and efficient and being received by the relevant individuals in the financial community, including investors and financial analysts
- Support the IR Director in the preparation of communications for all relevant executive meetings and corporate events, including presentations to the Board of Directors, the proxy and annual report, investor meetings/roadshows, etc.
- Support the IR Director in the quarterly earnings process, including drafting the earnings release, conference call transcript, reviewing SEC filings, and monitoring all post announcement reactions & communications
- Supports the executive team in creating messages and communications that help build confidence in the Company's financial performance, future plans and monitors market reaction and interest
- Supports the IR Director in developing multi-year investor targeting and communication plans
- Ability to closely collaborate and build strong relationships with different functions within the organization
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High degree of integrity, work ethic and intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and synthesize large amounts of information into salient points
- Understanding of corporate finance, financial reporting, and financial modeling concepts
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and desire to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines across multiple projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree required, with preference for finance/accounting majors or equivalent experience/training
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in investor relations, finance, accounting or related positions. Investment banking and/or oil and gas experience is a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to travel (~10% of the time)
- Able and willing to work extended hours when needed based on the business demand.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.