Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Ahmadi, Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The role is a very hand on position, with in depth knowledge and experience of surface Wellheads and Asset integrity working up 15000 PSI in the drilling and work over phase. A lot of focus on HSE will involve Installation, repairs & Maintenance in shop & onshore and offshore environments in accordance with BHGE Pressure Control procedures.
A field service engineer is dedicated to provide superior quality services in the installation of Wellhead Equipment on the field sites both onshore and offshore. Additional work required including but not limited to Knowledge of Mudline installation, HP Hydraulic Lubricator, Back Pressure Valves Installation, Repairs of X-Mass Trees and Actuators, Cold casing cutter machines skills and Control Panel installation with exceptional reporting/client handling skills
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troubleshoot equipment's failures.
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation,
- Operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
- Make decisions and apply standard operating procedures to complex field related situations, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within BHGE safety standards
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Complete understanding and utilization of lubricators to install and retrieve back pressure valves in both offshore and onshore environment
- Complete understanding and utilization of Cold Casing Cutter Machine to safely cut various casing sizes in both onshore and offshore environment
- Knowledge to install & troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for Control Panels
- Knowledge to install & troubleshoot Mudline equips
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and/or college (or a high school diploma)
- Mini 5-years proven Field Wellhead Experience
- Willingness and ability to work on both Onshore & offshore Rig / Rig-less Operation
- Must be available for 24 hours on call duty
- Valid driving license
- Good driving record
- High Mechanical Degree or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior field services experience on 10K and/or 15K surface wellhead system is preferred
- Prior field services experience on Cold casing cutter jobs is preferred
- Prior field services experience on Control panel installation jobs is preferred
- Prior field services experience on Mudline installation jobs is preferred
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- The applicant may be required to undergo fit for duty medical exams
Al Ahmadi, Kuwait