Provide discipline specific technical support and operating guidance to equipment and systems in operation prior to GPO handover to GOO. Provide technical input to support maintenance and inspection build for the mechanical discipline, including safety and environmentally critical elements. Provide verification on technical quality of handover pack contents and system completion standards.Mauritania and Senegal has recently become a new Upstream Region. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work in an emerging world-class hydrocarbon basin in a development that is not only a significant event for BP but also the two countries involved.
BP has signed agreements with Kosmos Energy to develop significant gas resources in West Africa. The agreements involve BP assuming operatorship of a very large licence position in the countries of Mauritania and Senegal. Including the Tortue field estimated to contain up to 15 Tcf of discovered gas. Thus is an exciting and strategically significant investment opportunity for BP.
The first phase of the development consists of 12 subsea wells in 2800m water depth tied back to a gas processing FPSO positioned between the field and a nearshore hub/terminal hosting a leased floating LNG (FLNG) vessel and LNG export terminal facilities. This will be closely followed by a significant expansion of the subsea production system and topsides facilities.
Reporting initially to the Tortue Operations Support Team Lead, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for providing discipline specific technical support and operating mentorship to equipment and systems in operation prior to the GPO handover to GOO.
The role transitions from the Major Project Operations (MPO) team to the regional operations team as Tortue approaches start-up. At this point, the responsibility is to provide day to day mechanical engineering support to deliver safe, reliable and efficient operations.
The role may commence with an exciting short-term assignment to Paris. There may also be occasional travel to other contractors' offices, build yards and offshore Mauritania & Senegal. Then located in Sunbury once in Operate.Key Accountabilities
During the project phase you will:
During the Operate phase, the key accountabilities of the role are to:
- Attend FATs for critical process equipment.
- Provide engineering support and technical leadership to the mechanical technicians.
- Technical review of operating and maintenance procedures relevant to the mechanical discipline. Review of relevant safe operating limits. Review quality and timeliness of delivery of vendor documentation.
- Support maintenance build activity which includes input into safety and environmental critical equipment and operational performance standards.
- Review of management of change to mechanical equipment to ensure impact to operations and region stakeholders is understood.
- Development and oversight of IT&S developed remote performance monitoring tools for the operate phase.
- Establish operational processes for monitoring and optimization of plant and equipment performance for the operate phase.
- Provide mechanical engineering (ME) expertise to other teams by performing and reviewing complex, or non-routine mechanical engineering calculations and analyses.
- Provide ME expertise to MoCs and to brownfield projects and modifications, hazard identification and risk assessment processes and performing incident investigations (IRIS) and defect investigations (OPTIMA)
- Ensure that the inspection, testing, maintenance and condition monitoring tasks in CMMS and Operator Workbench are aligned with the technical intent of Equipment Strategies.
- Develop and update the technical content of Equipment Strategies based on equipment performance feedback and performs periodic
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Technical and operational understanding of mechanical engineering and maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Proven ability in practical application of upstream and regional engineering standards and practices for mechanical equipment
- Professional accreditation, such as Professional Engineer or Chartered Engineer
- People leadership and stakeholder management experience