Skills: Petroleum Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Petroleum Engineer for a contract position, located in Aberdeen
Provide petroleum engineering and production engineering support and guidance to Operated Assets. Responsible for optimising production & injection performance and resolving relevant operational issues. Provide Petroleum Engineering expertise and guidance to other UKBU Asset Teams as required.
- Production Optimisation: Responsible for Production and Petroleum Engineering activities for Balmoral and Solan and other selected operated producing oil & gas asset(s). Optimise production & injection wells via surveillance techniques, well modelling & field implementation. Work closely with Operations on a day to day basis to continuously optimise production wells in response to any operational issues. Work closely with Reservoir Engineers to define and implement reservoir management plans.
- Production Allocation and Forecasting: Provide oversight of well allocation processes. Provide timely production forecasts, production loss management and production efficiency tracking.
- Enhancement Opportunities: Develop plans and proposals for well interventions and/or process enhancements that could unlock production potential. Update and document opportunity lists and ensure these are fed into the respective asset opportunity hopper. Prepare and lead annual well reviews for each asset.
- Well Operations: Provide petroleum engineering support for any future well intervention operations. Be prepared to travel offshore to the wellsite should petroleum engineering supervision be required (this will be relatively infrequent, but important).
- New Developments: Provide petroleum engineering support for any new field development or infill well drilling opportunities. Act as petroleum engineering focal point for completion and well test design. Provide advice and vendor supervision of artificial lift design, in particular for gas lift and ESP completions.
- Peer Assist: Provide peer assist support and hands-on technical support to other Asset Teams as required. Mentor and develop less experienced PEs and others.
- Manage External Relationships: Attend and present at JV partner meetings. Liaise with third parties and manage external contractors as required. Carry out OGA production reporting and stewardship conformance duties as required.
Field Specific Challenges
- Field 1 challenges include monitoring using Friend surveillance software, gas lift optimization and acquiring accurate well test data from the subsea MPFM to aid in optimisation and allocation.
- Field 2 challenges include monitoring P2 ESP, water injection and input into new development production well P3 and potential new injection well.
- Field 3 challenges include monitoring water production and providing nominations.
- Field 4 support is on an ad hoc basis and may be mainly study work associated with understanding reservoir performance and well behaviour.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-discipline team environment to develop clear, business-focussed recommendations and provide technical leadership.
- Clear communications: A major requirement of this role is to provide an interface between various departments and stakeholders within company such as: Asset Manager, onshore field operations team, offshore duty holder, well engineering, subsurface, production chemistry, process engineering, project construction, 3rd party vendors. As such, there will be a requirement to coordinate and collaborate across many different disciplines to influence asset performance improvement
- A degree in Engineering or a related discipline. Preferably a post-graduate qualification in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
- Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours) Skills / experience:
- Extensive experience as a Petroleum Engineer with an E&P Operator working on a broad range of operated field development and production projects.
- Track record of proactively proposing and implementing successful production optimisation opportunities and well intervention work.
- Experience and detailed understanding of Offshore well intervention operations, production operations, facilities optimisation and artificial lift techniques (gas lift, ESP, etc.) are required.
- Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
- Experience of classical Petroleum/Production engineering techniques.
- The candidate should have skills and experience in industry-standard Petroleum Engineering software such as: Petroleum Experts suite (Prosper and GAP required, PVT and MBal are desirable); OFM and production surveillance systems.
- Knowledge of OGA production reporting systems is required, to generate the monthly PPRS as well as the annual stewardship submission.
- Good awareness of latest industry innovations and technology.
Attributes and behaviours:
- Highly motivated goal-oriented professional who can set own challenging goals and has the drive to meet them.
- Aligned with the "barrel-chasing" philosophy and the desire to create value through increasing production.
- Ability to bring technical leadership to the Petroleum Engineering discipline.
- Able to establish technical credibility in order to gain the respect of peers, supervisors, and external third parties.
- Ability to develop practical solutions to problems and make clear recommendations to senior management in the BU, corporate and function - whilst articulating risks and uncertainty.
- Effective working independently and in teams, mentoring and leading less experienced petroleum engineers.
- Ability to manage confidential information with appropriate sensitivity.
- Exhibits the core company behaviours of creativity, decisiveness, delivery, openness and ability to work well with others in a team environment.