Principal/Lead Structural Engineer
- An engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural naval architecture or similar.
- Has the ability to lead multidiscipline technically challenging projects, on tight schedules across different time zones utilising different design offices to deliver complete packages of work, as well as being the main point of contact for technical discussions with clients.
- Demonstrable experience in producing detailed designs and good understanding of local and global analytical processes of offshore structures.
- Experience of working with local and geographically disparate teams and resources. Able to motivate self and teams, deal with conflict and create a strong delivery culture.
- Proven success in structural projects against external and internal time, cost and quality objectives. Experience in participating in appropriate project governance and project management reporting.
- Offshore structural analysis experience of jackets, floating and subsea systems - particularly using SACS/SESAM software.
- Experience in the application of offshore structural standards including ISO, DNVGL, IEC & NORSOK
- Experience in the application of spectral and deterministic fatigue methodologies
- Technical understanding of environmental wave loading and/or vessel motions.
- Experience of applying appropriate quality assurance and reporting.
- Experience of partaking in elements of bids and engaging directly with clients.
- Ability to report, interpret and communicate the engineering implications of complex analysis results to colleagues and clients, including the implications of problems encountered in the delivery of work.
- Excellent report writing skills and experience in the delivery of technical presentations to external clients.
- Understanding of structural engineering first principals, this is a technical role.
- Management, assessment and analysis of designs, modifications and anomalies.
- Linear and non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS and USFOS and other comparable software packages is preferred.
- Background in offshore structural integrity service delivery is advantageous
- Chartered status with a recognised engineering institution is considered advantageous
- Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client's offices may also be required with opportunities for international travel
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Chartered Principal/ Lead Engineer.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.