Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Development Geologist for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
Provide geological interpretation and support to the Catcher Asset for field development and production, subsurface geological descriptions, reservoir modelling, volumetric evaluations and well planning, incorporating analysis and integration of complex subsurface datasets. Provide technical input into Field Development plans and Reservoir Management plans as required.
- Provision of geoscience interpretation and input to well planning and the operational phase of development drilling. The development geologist will be expected to play an integral part in the definition of well targets and trajectories and to take a leading role in decision making during geosteering operations.
- Evaluation and interpretation of geological and well data and integration with seismic and reservoir engineering data and interpretations. Develop fit-for-purpose geological descriptions of the Catcher area reservoirs and prospects, to be used as input for reservoir model building, volumetric and risk assessments.
- Development and maintenance of static reservoir models using Petrel, updating models with data from development wells and production as required to further optimise the development.
- Work closely with other specialists within the fields of reservoir engineering, geophysics, petrophysics, petroleum engineering and drilling and completions engineers in a multi-discipline team approach to reservoir development and production optimisation.
- Support geological interpretation and activity across the UKBU as required on an ad-hoc basis
- Active participation in relevant external reviews, JV meetings and other ad-hoc technical meetings, representing company as operator.
- The ability to efficiently analyse geological data and integrate this with input from other subsurface disciplines to define robust, fit-for purpose geological descriptions that incorporate a clear understanding of reservoir uncertainty and it's impact on business decisions.
- The ability to characterise and succinctly articulate business-focussed recommendations and the associated risks and uncertainties to other relevant disciplines and Management.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-discipline team environment and provide technical leadership within the geoscience discipline.
- Ability to work at pace to deliver fit-for-purpose interpretations on schedule, as required.
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
- Occasionally manage studies budgets of the order of GBP 100K
- A degree in Geology or a related discipline, preferably with a post-graduate qualification in Petroleum Geoscience, Geophysics or related discipline.
- Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours) Skills / experience:
- Extensive experience as a development geoscientist with an E&P Operator working on operated field development projects and producing assets, with demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpretive geological skills including sedimentology, petrology, stratigraphy and well-correlation, structural geology and geological interpretation of well-logs with demonstrated expertise in integrated reservoir characterisations and volumetric analysis. Knowledge of and an ability to carry out classical seismic interpretation and an awareness of rock-physics interpretation.
- Geological operations and development well planning experience, coupled with a good understanding of drilling and production operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of 3D geocellular model design and extensive experience of static model building, with detailed knowledge of current available software tools (e.g. Petrel) and ability to integrate geophysical attributes into static models. Understanding of dynamic reservoir simulation modelling and integration of static models into the simulation model realm.
- Experience of reservoir uncertainty analysis for volumetric analysis and static uncertainty inputs into dynamic simulation models.
- Experience in planning and executing value-adding geological evaluation and modelling work-programmes and studies and managing third-party contractors.
- Proven ability to bring forward clear, business-focussed recommendations and appropriate work programmes to influence the business and improve production and/or reserves.
- Ability to work at pace to produce high quality and fit-for-purpose subsurface interpretations and maps on schedule, as required to evaluate new development and in-field opportunities.
- Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations): Proficient in the use of geological interpretation and 3D static reservoir model building software (e.g. Petrel), including application of automated work-flow management in this software.
- Practical experience and knowledge of seismic interpretation and an understanding of how geology relates to reservoir engineering and petroleum economics.
- Systematic approach to uncertainty management and the ability to work with limited data.
- Good awareness of latest industry innovations and technology.
Attributes and behaviours:
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented professional.
- Detail focused, able to integrate disparate datasets and with ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to succinctly articulate risks and uncertainty in complex scenarios.
- Strong communication and excellent presentation skills.
- Able to establish technical credibility in order to gain the respect of peers, supervisors, and external third parties. Ability to develop practical solutions to problems and gain agreement with senior managers in the BU, corporate and function.
- Ability to provide technical leadership in the Geology discipline.
- Ability to manage confidential information with appropriate sensitivity.
- Exhibits the core company behaviours of creativity, decisiveness, delivery, openness and ability to work well with others in a team environment.