Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 45,000 employees working in countries around the world. Chevron explores, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes fuels and other energy products; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power; and develops future energy resources. Chevron values integrity, trust, diversity and ingenuity.
The Chevron Business Support Center (BASSC), located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position of Semi Senior Financial Analyst. Successful candidates will join the BASSC Finance team. In addition to providing Finance support, the more than 500 professionals that work at BASSC, provide expert information technology, human resources and marketing services and solutions to Chevron partners around the globe.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Understand and apply accounting fundamentals and principles to account for operational activities.
- Analyze financial information, select and gather data, and recommend or determine a course of action
- Analyze and reconcile accounts. Prepare income and balance sheet variance explanations.
- Execute closing and reporting activities.
- Identify and initiate work process improvements.
- Use sophisticated software and other technology, including JDE, SAP, Hyperion and the Microsoft® Office suite
- Commitment to achieve and maintain cohesive working relationships with internal partners and external customers
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Finance or accounting degree with at least 4 years of finance or accounting work experience.
- Advanced English level. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to complete an English assessment test.
- Ability to listen carefully and use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions, and interpret policies.
- Relevant finance or accounting work experience (e.g. accounts payables, accounts reconciliation, inventory, fixed assets, general ledger, intercompany, exchange accounting, credits and receivables, SOX regulations, internal controls, Audit, Tax, Treasury).
- Enjoy working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Display initiative and leadership, handling multiple job responsibilities, setting priorities, maintaining a high level of accomplishment, and implementing improvements to processes.
- Have the highest level of integrity and demonstrate commitment to uphold Chevron's values and standards.
What You'll Do:
Chevron offers opportunities to support our operating companies around the world. The BASSC team provides support to all Chevron business segments - Upstream, Midstream and Downstream. As your career with Chevron progresses, you will have the opportunity to work in multiple groups. Your initial responsibilities will depend on which division you join, but may include:
- Capital budgeting and cost analysis
- Corporate or operating company-specific accounting and regulatory reporting
- Financial forecasting, analysis and reporting
- Finance/accounting counsel and consulting
- Internal controls/compliance
- Liaise with other finance divisions
- Tracking accountability/scorecard metrics
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and reporting
- Corporate and Excise Tax
Compensation & Benefits
BASSC pay and benefits are designed to be competitive and meet the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer:
- Competitive base pay
- Annual incentive award (bonus)
- Work from home and flexible schedule options
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plan
- Family Health Premium Plan
- Day Care Subsidy
- Educational Assistance Program
- English Lessons
- Employee Assistance Program
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.