BP's IT organization solves complex challenges with data and technology expertise to help BP advance a lower carbon future. We are organized as a collection of Products, Services and Platforms that work together to enable our users to accomplish their mission. We are searching for an Azure Architecture Lead to help us accelerate our cloud journey.
- In this role, you will collaborate with multiple DevOps teams to design solutions involving services like SQL Database Warehouse, HD Insight, Azure Databricks, Azure Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Data Factory, IoT Edge Runtime, IoT Hub, Event Hubs and Notification Hubs
- You will actively engage in design activities by coordinating pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts to provide validation on specific scenarios.
- You will engage and grow our architecture community!
You translate strategy into the creation and shepherding of architecture plans that shape and support the delivery of projects, ensuring activities and outputs remain fit-for-purpose and reflect requirements of our segments.
- You help us assess our current environment and develops future state architectures by reviewing solution designs and providing solution architecture, refreshing IT strategy, and maintaining or contributing to roadmaps.
- Through your technical specialism, you provide advanced input and expertise to support IT operations and development activities while helping to ensure that all meaningful standards are defined, maintained and implemented.
- Helps us build a more cohesive data architecture community within the group/segment to ensure BP gets the most out of the available skills and experience and supports continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide informal mentoring/training to junior members of the team. You nurture others in the community and help them become more effective leaders.
We are seeking an individual with substantial experience in the Microsoft Azure ecosystem and with proven strengths in these areas:
- An aptitude for technical, analytical and data driven problem solving.
- Experience with high-level programming languages such as Python and other tools commonly used in data science and data modeling including SQL and data conversion tools.
- You will develop and maintain a series of internal and external partner relationships and support project delivery. You will work with the team to get the most value from current applications and new technologies, leading technical thinking across a wide range of technologies.
- You have a working knowledge of modern development methodologies (Agile using Scrum and/or Kanban) through prior academic or work experiences. Even if you're fairly new to coding, you demonstrate your ability to rapidly learn new technologies and platforms.
- Capable of translating and decomposing high-level architecture roadmaps into technical solutions with discrete activities to enable delivery via a team of engineers.
- Able to interpret and analyse operational data in order to determine suitable course of action.
- Build and lead experiments, determine when to pre-process or train inside Machine Learning Studio, select input/output types, apply custom processing steps with R and Python, publish web services
- Deep technical experience in software design or development, application design, systems operations / management, database architecture, compute clusters, data security, virtualization, networking, storage and visualization
- Track record of delivery and able to demonstrate effective project technical management and leadership skills.
- The role requires ability to influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way.
- Have regular transparent and constructive dialogue with team members to support performance and career development.
- Follows BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values & Behaviours.