At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes is seeking an Oil Field Production Optimization Subject Matter Expert (SME) to work in our Oil Field Services organization. Essential Responsibilities:
- The SME will represent Baker Hughes as a key technical interface while participating and/or facilitating customer engagements.
- Participate in relevant communities of practice.
- Will provide subject matter technical expertise including product development, selection, support, and service.
- Will diagnose problems, test and analyze data, as well as communicate results through presentations and documentation to various groups and customers.
- As an expert, candidate will as necessary be require travel to the field to consult, test, implement recommendations, and document results.
- The SME will also help with new product development including. structure/function design, laboratory testing, and field application.
- Will represent Baker Hughes as a key technical interface, in applicable consortia and conferences.
- Will be expected to author, co-author, and review papers.
- Development of novel concepts and approaches for faster chemistry selection.
- Consultation with key stake holders and reaching conclusions and decisions that ensure project success.
- BSc/MSc Degree qualified or equivalent in Chemistry or relevant subject.
- Similar experience in the oilfield operations environment is essential.
- Experience in and good knowledge of chemical applications, production optimization chemistries, and field surveys is essential.
- Preferably have prior work experience with multiple oil field production chemicals as well as demulsifiers, water clarifiers, foamers, defoamers.
- Experience supporting and meeting customer expectations, enabling cost effective and safe solutions to satisfy the customers' business and operation objective is essential.
- Field application experience is preferable.
- Experience providing technical advice to customers through one on one conversations, and/or presentations. Particularly in all facets of production optimization is essential.
- Experience in research and development of new chemistries is essential.
- Membership in upstream chemical forums such as SPE, NACE with some patents or experience developing others is desirable.
- Ability to work, and travel internationally.
- Travel time and frequency can vary, but could be between 10 - 30%.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, be comfortable leading or facilitating technical exchanges with customer technical teams, and engaging internal teams from both technology and operations.
- Provide guidance and mentorship of junior engineers, deliver timely concise project plans, and manage customer expectations.
- Finally the candidate needs to be able to manage multiple tasks or projects, work well with other team members, and set an example of leadership. The pace and volume of the work may be quite high at times, and the position demands the candidate function with possible changing project requirements and deadlines.
- This position will require frequent collaboration with customers and Baker Hughes operations personnel in field locations.
Sugar Land, TX