The Process and Pipeline Services In-line Inspection group is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineering Intern to join our team. The successful candidate will be a third or fourth-year student pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering. The internship will be 4 - 8 months in duration, working Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm and completed between university terms. This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state of the art technologies in the energy industry. This hands on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, and deployment of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations. Essential Responsibilities:
The candidate is expected to work closely with mechanical engineers and designers in the team performing various tasks to support the design and validation of ILI tools.
Duties may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Conceptual design development utilizing advanced analytical tools including CAD and finite element analysis
- Optimize design concepts to meet performance/reliability requirements and cost targets
- Mechanical Design Standards and Guidelines Adherence to BAKER HUGHES design standards; BAKER HUGHES engineering change management, document control, and product development processes; regulatory and industry standards
- Develop test plans and assist in the execution of engineering tests at a prototype system level or prototype component level. Write reports to summarize testing and communicate lessons learned
- Incorporate design for reliability, manufacturability, maintainability and operability in the operating environmental conditions including shock, vibration, and high pressure
- Third or fourth-year student pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with respect to Applied Mechanics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and able to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more