On a typical day, but not limited to and as a member of the Procurement & Sourcing team, this position is responsible to execute on the sourcing plans and drive opportunities to preferred suppliers, and negotiate cost reductions through alignment with sourcing strategy. This position also implements sourcing plans to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to his/her assigned portfolio in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan. Sourcing Specialist acts as the key point of contact for designated suppliers to manage the relationship. It is the responsibility of the Sourcing Specialist to adhere to standard BKR OFS Sourcing processes. This position is part of the Operations Supply Chain organization.Essential Responsibilities:
- Execute region sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize disruptions, in accordance with category sourcing strategies and Product Line requirements.
- Selects suppliers in accordance with preferred suppliers defined by Region Category Managers.
- Evaluates suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service for existing as well as new suppliers.
- Execute deflation initiatives, manage contracts leakage and negotiate payment terms.
- Work closely with Region Category Leader on sourcing category strategy, supplier negotiations, supplier selection, supplier approval, supplier onboarding, etc.
- Conducts RFx and bidding processes for dollar value greater than $10K minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Manages supplier relationship with Regional & Local suppliers.
- Effectively communicates with and maintains the highest degree of relations between the Company and all levels of supplier personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with Procurement, Purchasing or Sourcing
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Prior knowledge of purchasing practices, principles, and procedures
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data
- SPSM or CPP certification
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.