On a typical day, but not limited to and as a member of the Sourcing & Procurement team, Procurement Specialist is responsible for purchase order placement, purchase order management, on time delivery of products and services, and on time payment to suppliers. In addition, Procurement Specialist analyzes market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions. Procurement Specialist coordinates with sales and operations planning, order management, and materials management teams. Procurement Specialist ensures suppliers deliver products and services to maximize production capacity in accordance with projects/production and master schedules. Procurement Specialist acts as the key point of contact for suppliers on all purchase order related activities, reports, and business relationship. Procurement Specialist is also responsible complying with all standard BKR OFS procurement processes and policies. This position is part of the Operations Supply Chain organization. Essential Responsibilities:
- Issue Purchase Orders per approved Requisitions
- Make purchase decisions in accordance with BHGE OFS procedures and policies
- Efficiently and accurately monitor all open purchase orders
- Identify and select vendors and suppliers using criteria such as quantity and quality of products/services, price, and delivery date
- Develop, issue and analyze RFQs to secure most competitive bids
- Execute deflation initiatives, manage contracts leakage and negotiate payment terms
- Manage invoice issues and timely resolution
- Work with the materials management team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the demands and report any back-ordered products
- Work closely with Sourcing Leader on sourcing category strategy, supplier negotiations, supplier selection, supplier approval, supplier onboarding, etc.
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality team for supplier qualifications and performance issues. Drive vendor recovery.
- Provide open purchase order status to leadership team and internal customers
- Assist Operations Supply Chain Manager with supplier performance and risks reports and mitigation actions
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting or a related field
- 2+ years of Procurement, Sourcing or Purchasing.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Prior knowledge of purchasing practices, principles, and procedures
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data
- SPSM or CPP certification
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.