The Quality Assurance Team Lead will act as the overall site lead of the Quality Management System for the Whiting Refinery. The QA Lead will provide leadership and direction to the QA Specialists by setting clear and sustainable expectations. The QA Lead will assure that turnaround and routine maintenance execution groups implement and comply with the quality assurance program to drive consistency and continuous improvement.
- Functions as the site Single Point of Accountability for the Quality Management System (QMS) including ownership of the QMS related technical practices for the site
- Accountable for ensuring TAR and Routine Maintenance activities are compliant with site QMS
- Leads a team of Quality Assurance specialists; responsible for the development and competency of the specialists including appropriate certifications
- Accountable for prioritizing internal audits and coordinating external audits
- Accountable for developing and managing processes, procedures, and tools for tracking progress on quality control packages, and issuing regular status reports.
- Accountable for establishing, tracking, and reporting QAQC KPI's for TAR and Routine Maintenance
- Accountable for ensuring continuous improvement actions from Non Conformance Report recommendations are implemented
- Accountable for ensuring input from equipment Subject Matter Experts are incorporated into QC package requirements
- Accountable for ensuring the quality records are documents are properly archived upon completion of work
- Responsible for working with North American supplier qualification team to ensure feedback on vendor and contractor performance is effectively communicated
- Responsible for working with TAR team to secure contractor resources required to perform QA during TAR execution, including verification of competency to perform the work.
- Works closely with Projects Quality to ensure lessons learned are effectively shared amongst the teams, and process improvements are made where deemed necessary.
- BS in Engineering with 5 years related experience OR High School Degree with 10 years of related experience
- Minimum of 10 years' experience which would include the following areas:
- Program development
- Auditing / Surveillances
- Pressure Vessel Inspections
- Welding Inspections
- Non-Destructive Examination
- Material evaluations
- Source Inspection and evaluation of suppliers
- Working in a plant project environment
- Ability to influence and lead in quality management
- Ability to develop, implement, and sustain quality related policies, procedures, standards, and practices
- Strong knowledge and expertise in quality management systems
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to influence internal/external key stakeholders.
- Strong leadership capability with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge in ASME B31.3 & ASME B31.1
- Knowledge in ASME Section VIII & API-510
- Knowledge in ASME Section V and NACE
- Quality certification such as ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor certification, API Q1Quality Program certification, or Six Sigma certification preferred.