Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Project Phase (MPO Assignment)
- Develop job plans for Equipment Strategies
- Ensure Bill of Materials (BOM's) are linked to equipment preventative maintenance tasks
- Assist in populating and tracking project maintenance activities in Operations Readiness Plan
- Provide input to the selection, procurement, delivery and preservation of spare parts
- Validate maintenance job plans and procedures. Ensures correct labor codes and hours are in CMMS covering all required trades
- Ensure Backbone is fully functional and equipment/ spares are properly documented prior to the operate phase of the project
- Manages the resource scheduling and smoothing within the maintenance & integrity builds
- Responsible for independently generating high quality job plans and work packs for complex, multi-discipline work to allow efficient scheduling, assignment and execution of work
- Responsible for following Global Work Management processes and standards within planning activities and monitoring the agreed upon KPIs, taking appropriate actions to close the deviation from target
- Responsible for daily backlog management, within their area of responsibility, to clean up and prioritize work
- Responsible for modifying job plans based on feedback received
- Responsible for requesting modification or creation of master data such as new materials, new locations, description changes, etc.
- Responsible for conducting job / field walk-downs for the work
- Responsible for maintaining job plan libraries and ensuring Job Plans are complete, accurate and easily accessible to all
- Function as a Maintenance Work Management Standard Subject Matter Expert, Trainer, and Coach
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in planning and/or leading maintenance execution in the oil and gas industry or related field.
- 5+ years of maintenance craftsmen experience, required.
- 2+ years of maintenance craftsmen experience in the offshore environment, preferred.
- Required to become a Maintenance Work Management Standard Subject Matter Expert.
- Sufficient leadership skills to be able to:
- Identify and highlight issues (and generate possible solutions) to upper leadership in a timely manner
- Identify tasks that need to be done and put forward well-considered recommendations
- Establish effective working relationships
- Work with others to achieve goals
- Resolve conflicts constructively
- Function effectively on a team (example: provides regular updates to team and management, volunteer to assist others,
- Advanced PC skills including CMMS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English
- Strong background and knowledge in operations related to the Oil and Gas industry.
- Journeyman in Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Automation, Operations, or Marine Equipment field with in depth
- knowledge of executing maintenance work.
- Experience in preparing job and work plans including scope, skills identification, time, cost estimates, resource
- availability, and operational coordination, preferred.
BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our MPO (Major Project Operations) team. MPO's mission is to support safe design and quality builds in our GPO (Global Projects Organization) major projects. As a maintenance planner in MPO, you will play a major role in delivering the maintenance build and ensuring the work can be executed in operations. You will use digital tools that will lead a mindshift change in the way we use technology to modernize our work force and stretch the capabilities of our current operations. You will collaborate with peers within the Region and across the globe to ensure that every project we deliver is safer, more operable and easier to maintain than the last one. After startup, you will be responsible for processing quality maintenance orders and producing work packs following the work management standard that significantly attribute to safe and reliable operations.