Job Title - GeologistLocation Middle East - Saudi ArabiaEmployee Type - Full Time, Expat Summary
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client, a leading International Exploration Oil & Gas Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Geologist for an Expat position to be based in the Middle East - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.Objective
Your primary role will be to provide input into regional evaluation, basin analysis in frontier basins, prospect generation and appraisal for unconventional resources (tight sand and shale gas/liquids). Individual will transform an emerging unconventional resource into a producing asset.Essential Functions
Required Education and Experience
- Provide input into regional evaluation, basin analysis for frontier basins, prospect generation and appraisal for unconventional resources (shale gas and liquids and tight gas)
- Manage advanced sequence and stratigraphic analysis using G&G applications. This will include integration and visualization, of various G&G datasets, and chronostratigraphy.
- Perform geological interpretation in a variety of structural and stratigraphic regimes incorporating a variety of geophysical and geological data and ensure the quality of the Database is maintained
- Provide detailed depositional models within a regional sequence stratigraphic framework
- Actively participate in the well planning process to optimize well locations using a variety of geological and geophysical data
- Perform subsurface studies of unconventional reservoirs to aid the resource evaluation and drive development decisions
- You will have experience in developing ideas, and creating plans for unconventional projects or specialized studies to realize corporate objectives
- You will be able to demonstrate your ability to evaluate and risk unconventional play concepts
- You will have a good understanding of structural characterization of natural fractures and impact on unconventional reservoirs.
- Bachelor's degree in geology from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree, such as MSc. or PhD is preferred
- At least 12 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, at least 5 years of experience in shale or tight gas plays
- Experience in exploration geoscience and a strong command and understanding of stratigraphy and structural framework
- Experience in geochemistry, petroleum systems analyses, interpreting and analyzing well logs and test is also necessary
- Experience in providing geological support to drilling operation is preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a world's leading Exploration Oil & Gas Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with expat premium, housing, school for children, retirement savings, pension, 100% covered medical benefits for family, flights home, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.