Job Description Where you fit in:
Providence Terminal Operators support the day-to-day operation of the distribution terminal business as a focal point for internal and external customers. Terminal Operators are expected to safely perform all duties related to the receipt, storage, and distribution of petroleum products.What's the role?
Terminal Operators are required to work safely and independently with minimum supervision. Under the general supervision of the Operations Superintendent, the Terminal Operator's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receipt of ethanol via rail car into storage tanks
- Receipt preparation to include tank gauging and sampling
- Perform product quality assurance testing at each rail car, and obtain composite tank sample at the end of offloading
- Maintenance of rail hub equipment
- Must meet DOT Rail requirements for product offloading and rail car handling
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements What we need from you:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently
- Must have the minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 90 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 90 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, medical, reference, and drug checks including hair and oral fluids testing. Are you willing to submit to all pre-employment checks?
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to achieve satisfactory results on all pre-employment testing
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.