Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position is responsible for the safeguarding of the Company's financial assets and overseeing banking relationships, investment and portfolio management, debt management and capital market activity, rating agency relationships, derivative management, collateral management and cash management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages capital market risks including interest rate exposures.
- Manages the relationship with banking partners to ensure smooth operation of all cash management activities.
- Manages relationships with Credit Rating Agencies.
- Analyzes financial and operating statements and makes recommendations to leadership with regard to financial policies and programs.
- Directs cash forecasting activities, including the preparation of cash flow forecasts and monthly cash management metric reporting.
- Monitors and manages Oceaneering's cash position and works with FP&A to forecast cash requirements.
- Oversees daily cash positioning in all bank accounts to ensure liquidity and funding needs are met in a timely manner.
- Determination of short-term cash to be invested and anticipation of short-term borrowing needs.
- Manages international cash pooling.
- Manages Fx risk and exposure.
- Collaborates with finance and operations on capital transaction funding and discipline.
- Develops and maintains an annual budget for the company and creates long-term projections based on departmental needs and upcoming capital projects.
- Creates strong internal controls in cash management.
- Initiates and manages insurance and Bank Bonds, liaising with Corporate General Counsel and commercial groups as required.
- Ensures proper setup and efficient use of electronic banking systems to effectively process cash transactions.
- Responsible for escalations related to treasury operations.
- Mentors and develops staff to support the daily operations of the Treasury department.
- Other duties as required.
- This position has direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Vice President & Chief Accounting Officer.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years of banking / corporate treasury, consulting, or operations experience.
- Experience in the application of international cash pooling structures.
- Working knowledge of treasury workstations.
- Previous experience in corporate financial management.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft.
- Experience working in a global and cross-functional environment.
- CTP preferred.
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office, Bloomberg Fx and database software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Global Thinker and Creative Professional who can contribute in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with a pro-active approach towards the desired result.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and drive results.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from external and internal customers.
- Ability to effectively present information to management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of laws and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.