Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $108000 per annum
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Title: Geophysicist
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Middle East
Type: Full Time, Expat
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading International Exploration Oil & Gas Company, has an expat, permanent opportunity for a Data Scientist to be based in the Middle East - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Geophysicist - Expat - Middle East
We are seeking a Geophysicist to join the Southern Unconventional Resources Exploration & Appraisal Division of the Unconventional Resources Organization.
The Southern UR Exploration & Appraisal Division is responsible for the evaluation and de-risking of several tight-sand/gas reservoirs and play concepts within the kingdom, through initiating and executing integrated subsurface projects and studies to guide exploration and appraisal drilling campaigns, and support production engineering for stimulation and hydraulic fracturing operation. In addition, the division is also responsible to support the planning and execution of field development plans, to meet mandated gas production targets from this unconventional resource.
The Geophysicist's primary role is to support the multidisciplinary team in identifying exploration and development areas for resource identification and maturation, using geophysical skillsets and tools. You will also support the operations team in producing depth grids to guide drilling operations. Additionally, you will be expected to support the stimulation/completion teams for appropriate frac placement and orientation. The Geophysicist is also expected to interpret seismic reflection data, recommend seismic acquisition programs including the determination of seismic acquisition and/or reprocessing parameters, and incorporate all aspects of seismic modeling. Use of advanced seismic inversion and amplitude work will be an asset. The geophysicist will collaborate with geologists in preparing drilling recommendations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess existing operations and provide recommendations to develop solutions and revise standards and procedures, as necessary.
- Identify valuable data sources and build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytical systems.
- Verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of their performance.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of trends and developments throughout geoscience technology; provide background information regarding suitable applications and computer technologies related to subsurface interpretation.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
- Bachelor's degree in geophysics from a recognized and approved program, an advanced degree, such as MSc. or PhD is preferred.
- Twelve (12) years of experience in the oil and gas industry, including at least five (5) years of experience in shale or tight gas plays
- Experience in exploration geoscience
- Strong command fundamental interpretation geophysical skill set, including well to seismic correlation, seismic mapping, velocity model building, depth conversion
- Experience in deriving reservoir properties from seismic (RPFS), AVO analysis, acoustic and elastic inversion and survey design
- Conduct regional geophysical evaluation of unconventional plays, structural characterization of natural fractures and their impact on unconventional reservoirs
- Experience in supporting integrated unconventional projects or specialized studies to realize corporate objectives
- Experience in providing technical support to drilling operation and in interpreting and analyzing well logs and test is preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world's leading Exploration Oil & Gas Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with tax breaks incentives, an expat premium, housing, schooling for children, retirement savings, pension, 100% covered medical benefits for family, flights back home, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Dharani "Dot" Saiz.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.