Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Old Ocean, Texas
Mobility and End User Computing Associate
The job of the Mobility and End User Computing Associate is to provide mobile device and PC technical support to the staff of the refinery and
surrounding remote sites.
Duties might include, but are not limited to:
* Configure and deploy mobile devices to end users (smartphones and tablets)
* Provide mobile device training to end users
* Install, test and repair computer hardware, peripherals, and software.
* Provide desk side and remote support for computing environments
* Consistently follow standard processes
* Handling technically complex IT support issues
* Afterhours (callout) support
* Assisting, where needed, with the installation of other IT supported systems
* Maintaining hardware and software inventories and recycling
* Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* Able to lift computer equipment that weighs up to 30 lbs. from the floor and safely carry and lift as needed,
including climbing stairs
* Bend, stoop, crawl under tables/desks to connect needed wiring
* Able to bend to pick up equipment and load pull cart. Individual items may weigh up to 30 lbs.
* Able to push equipment on a cart of up to 100 lbs.
* Able to work safely in a refinery environment
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience providing IT support in an office environment
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.