- The main function of the Third Party Inspector/Expeditor is to be responsible for inspection and expediting, as well as witnessing and monitoring production of various commodities, reviewing data, and witnessing of mechanical testing performed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist review of Quality Plan, Inspection & Test Plan and Quality Procedures prior to commencement of any work.
- Oversee inspection of mechanical equipment, piping, structure and welding activities conducted at client sites.
- Facilitate inspection requirements in regard to procurement packages.
- Provide expediting and coordination of inspection for other fabrication tasks (NDE, Coating, Welding) as defined by client.
- Input result of inspections into web-based inspection system.
- Ensure suppliers /contractors have relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications and drawings.
- Review original material certificate for compliance to codes and specifications.
- Ensure testing, measuring, welding, NOE equipment Is fully calibrated per specification and has current certification.
- Witness / Participate Equipment Receiving Inspection to identify damage or deficiency with Contractors.
- Witness in-process inspections and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance to specifications.
- Verify the correct test pressure Is applied during the hydro test against specifications and codes and all safety requirements have been addressed.
- Verify rogue and counterfeit items during inspection or surveillance and immediately report to Manager if any.
- Review welder qualifications certificate.
- Monitor NDE and coating process.
- Issue and follow up of Non-conformity Report.
- Provide resolution of on-going quality issue in consultation with discipline engineer.
Education and Work Experience:
- Certifications required:Welding, NDE, Coating.