Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
SUMMARY: The Corporate Travel Advisor will facilitate professional, accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for employees' air, hotel, car rentals, and ground transportation within the company's corporate travel guidelines.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned):
- A minimum of three (3) years of corporate travel experience, processing and ticketing corporate, group and leisure bookings is required
- Prior experience with Egencia, Concur or various other travel systems
- Overall travel industry knowledge and experience
- Competent with all aspects of ticketing transactions
- Advise clients of international travel requirements, such as visas and passports
- Maintain ownership of each record until departure to ensure all details (including seat assignments, meal preference, upgrades, etc.) are completed to the travelers satisfaction
- Stay fully informed on all airline rules and regulations, tariff's, and fare requirements and accurately applies this knowledge to all travel arrangements
- Prior corporate travel experience, both domestic and international
- Experience with meeting and event planning
- Must be team oriented and able to work independently
- Must have strong work ethic and focus on customer service
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and on call as necessary
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED is required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or fell objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.